The Beeping noises are driving me crazy!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Beeping noises are driving me crazy!

Not really but an Operator flagged me down and showed me that when he takes his manual hits on the part, the software makes "beep" sounds. It didn't do this yesterday. I think an offshift Operator turned it on. The problem is, I can't remember where to turn it off. Is it in the Settings Editor? If so, under what name, so I can search.

Thanks in advance
    sigpic GDTPS - 0584

Either that, or someone un-muted the speaker so they could listen to some online music or watch some videos or something.

Someone once told me which sound file it is that is used and where to find it. I simply went to the directory and re-named the sound file. Of course, that affects anything that may have used that sound file.

Comment

Originally posted by rangerboat72 View Post
      In Windows XP the location is: C:\WINDOWS\Media
      Ok, that tells you where the sound files are for windows XP - thanks Ranger. I would imagine it is similar for most other windows versions.

I just went to that directory and double clicked to play each one until I found the one that was making the noise for the manual hits. Then, I changed the file name by adding "-mod" to the end. Like I said earlier though, any program that would use that file will now not be able to play it.

Comment

If you go to Sounds in the control panel, PCDMIS uses the Windows Exclamation everytime a hit is taken. Theoretically you can change that sound to anything you want and you will hear it everytime a hit is taken. I find a woman's scream to be exceptionally hilarious. Conversly you can change it to none and it will turn it off.

Comment

Originally posted by John Kugler View Post
          If you go to Sounds in the control panel, PCDMIS uses the Windows Exclamation everytime a hit is taken. Theoretically you can change that sound to anything you want and you will hear it everytime a hit is taken. I find a woman's scream to be exceptionally hilarious. Conversly you can change it to none and it will turn it off.
          I use this all the time. It tells me when I have the probe enabled or disabled. Saves some headaches. If I don't hear the speaker "beep" then I know I have the enable button turned off.
          sigpic

James Mannes

Comment

I am thinking a farting noise would make this interesting. Or anything by Homer Simpson maybe Doh! or Oh yeah!
            <internet bumper sticker goes here>

Comment

I totally agree with James,

How are you to know when you're having difficulties (not that this would ever occur in pcdmis), or when you're part is finished running.

Most of us, are multi-tasking, and this helps us to keep an "ear" open.

ZydecoPete
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by JamesMannes View Post
                I use this all the time. It tells me when I have the probe enabled or disabled. Saves some headaches. If I don't hear the speaker "beep" then I know I have the enable button turned off.
                Originally posted by Peter Warcholyk View Post
                I totally agree with James,

How are you to know when you're having difficulties (not that this would ever occur in pcdmis), or when you're part is finished running.

Most of us, are multi-tasking, and this helps us to keep an "ear" open.

ZydecoPete
                I agree. I use the beeps to know how it is working. I can be across the room and know if I have a problem.
                sigpicOn the Obama Express. Next stop, the soup line.

Comment

Thanks everyone. I remember changing the sounds to off now.
                  sigpic GDTPS - 0584

Comment

Another way to know if the program is still running, just listen for the sound of a broken probe flying across the room and hitting something.
                    sigpic GDTPS - 0584

Comment

Originally posted by inspector212 View Post
                      Another way to know if the program is still running, just listen for the sound of a broken probe flying across the room and hitting something.
                      No that would be the "OHHH FUUUUU"...........sound
                      sigpic.....Its called golf because all the other 4 letter words were taken

Comment

Or the balls falling off in front of customers
                        RFS Means Really Fussy Stuff

When all you have is a hammer - everything looks like a nail....
                        sigpic

Comment

So does that turn off the beep in the jogbox too?

Comment

Originally posted by craiger_ny View Post
                            I am thinking a farting noise would make this interesting. Or anything by Homer Simpson maybe Doh! or Oh yeah!
                            It figures you'd think of those things.
                            Hmmm, can you guess what I might change mine to?
                            If you can I will give you a shrubbery. Not so subtle hint!
                            When in doubt, post code. A second set of eyes might see something you missed.
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by kbotta View Post
                              Or the balls falling off in front of customers
                              Man, that must hurt!
                              When in doubt, post code. A second set of eyes might see something you missed.
                              sigpic

Comment