Error Message: ATTN B&S

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Error Message: ATTN B&S

I hope someone can help me with this. I seem to get this error after a probe rotation before an auto circle measurement. It doesn't do it on every circle af an angle change but it has happened on the last two programs I have written.
    Xcell 12-20-10 v3.7mr3
    Attached Files
    James Temmen

There is no job so simple that it can't be done wrong.

Originally posted by J Temmen
    I hope someone can help me with this. I seem to get this error after a probe rotation before an auto circle measurement. It doesn't do it on every circle af an angle change but it has happened on the last two programs I have written.
    Xcell 12-20-10 v3.7mr3
    I was getting the exact same message, but it would only happen in one program & I have not seen it since I switched to 4.0.

Comment

you may be missing that probe rotation in your calibration. add the rotation and recalibrate all the probes called out in your program. hope this helps.
      sigpic
      Southern Man don't need him around anyhow!

Comment

I started having that same problem after switching to 3.7mr3. It doesn't happen in mr2 or 4.0 as stated before.

Comment

had a error simular. programs written on excel 7-10-7 then tranfered to global.
          found the touch speed needed to be changed.
          2014 SP5, DataPage + v5.0 #331
          [testing v2015.1]

Comment

I have had this problem once or twice, seems to appear randomly out of nowhere then dissapears again for weeks on end.

Just a thought, double check that the target values of your auto circle are the same as the theoreticals as I have also had PC Dmis change its target values to somewhere in hyperspace which obviously confuses the **** out of it. Life would be boring without the PC Dmis gremlins eh !
            sigpic

Comment

The only time I get that error, and I get it EVERY TIME(!!!!) is if the first feature after the tip change is a DCC CIRCLE with the READ POS turned on.
              sigpic
              Originally posted by AndersI
              I've got one from September 2006 (bug ticket) which has finally been fixed in 2013.

Comment

Thanks Matt, changed the first circle after probe change and it ran correctly. The second circle also has read pos on but diesn't error out, another PC-Dmon rears it's ugly head.
                James Temmen

There is no job so simple that it can't be done wrong.

Comment

Matt, you should write a book. PcDmis for Dummies. And I am not kidding this time. Your wealth of knowledge never stops amazing me.

If there is ever a post you can not answer, I want to know about it, I am starting to keep a journal. (kidding)
                  sigpicSummer Time. Gotta Love it!

Comment

Originally posted by Paul Sarrach
                    If there is ever a post you can not answer, I want to know about it, I am starting to keep a journal. (kidding)
                    Paul,
                    Use one small post it note. Plenty of room there.
                    John
                    When in doubt, post code. A second set of eyes might see something you missed.
                    sigpic

Comment

I could go to the mall and have them write them all down on one of those grains of Rice

Comment

Well, this one was just plain luck. We are checking a part in here for another shop in town whose CMM is too small, and I had to use a program that was supplied by THEIR customer (so that's 2 levels away). The program was a total FUBAR. I got their program running (V3.5, that's what it was written in) using all of their labels, ID's, etc., and got it programmed and running right. They were using FIND HOLE on a series of little, tiny holes, about 3.1mm in diameter. Well, that does not leave much room for a 2mm probe (I will not use smaller if I can avoid it). So, once I got it fixed and running, I started it up to watch it run. When it got to one of these holes, it started trying to find it. After about 5 minutes of watching, I stopped it, it stil hadn't found the hole. Granted, the hole was way off location, but that was too much time to waste. So, I went and changed the from FIND to READ POS, sure, I had to watch and wait, but who knows how long it would have taken to find the hole? Then, since the original program was all to print dimensions (YUCK) and not to cad positions and nominals, my customer was having a hard time working with the reports. So I talked to him, told him I could leave their program the way it was so that THEY could understand it, but that I could make a new program, done the way he (and I) like them, straight to the cad data. He said YES, DO IT, so I did it, but I did it in the new version, V3.7 MR3. Well, that pesky little error message kept popping up in the new program in the new version and ONLY after tip changes when going to one of those READ POS holes. So, I turned it off and BINGO, the error went away. This is not a function I normally use (our parts are MUCH better and they have bigger holes) so since that was the only 'new thing' in the program for me, that really helped narrow it down to what was what.

Hey, every now and then even a blind frog get a fly!
                        sigpic
                        I've got one from September 2006 (bug ticket) which has finally been fixed in 2013.

Comment

matt-that's why:"YOU DA MAN".
                          sigpic
                          Southern Man don't need him around anyhow!

Comment

The hole was out so bad you could no use reference features to find it?

Comment

YEP, such a small hole (3.1) and it was off about 2mm in one direction and 1.5 in the other, and using a 2mm ball probe. It just kept on touching and touching and touching the surface without ever finding the hole. It was quite maddening and the only other feature that I could use as a reference was the other holes that were off just as much. 8 holes, 4 on either side of the part, in a big expanse of flat to slightly curved surfaces. And, these holes are the only features put in the part in a die station, so nothing else anywhere on the part to relate them to. Why it was taking so long to find the hole is a good quesiton, maybe it was simply due to the fact that there was only 1.2mm of 'window' for it to find it and when it was close it was not close enough and so missed it. Who knows?
                              sigpic

Comment