Iterative alignments

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Iterative alignments

I have a part that has no features that I can start an iterative alignment on the face of the part but have little flat surface or no features for setting the rotation and the origin to. The part has curved and rolling surfaces, a couple of external radii and that's it.

For the life of me I just cannot think of how to set the alignment on this. And besides that my brain has quit working today.....
    Attached Files
    Xcel & MicroVal Pfx & Global 37mr4 thru 2012mr1sp3
    Contura Calypso 5.4

Lord, keep Your arm around my shoulder and Your hand over my mouth. Amen.

more than one view would help get the best Idea....depends alot on what working plane this is being measured with. I see it is in the X view but that doesn't mean you will hold it that way for the best alignment. Is that a parting line running through it?
    sigpiccall me "Plum Crazy"....but you only go around once!

Comment

I have had success doing about the same as long as it has good surfaces and you are touching very close to the same areas that you are selecting on the CAD. Use more than 6 points and you should be okay.

Comment

Working plane will be Xplus for most of the part. The groove down the center is only about .05" wide x .05" dp and that does not have to be checked. THe part is about 1.6" long X 1.25 wide x .10" thick.

I think I have the alignment criteria met as I was not thinking in the "iterative" method.... I was thinking 3-2-1 and was just all screwed up on this one as the part was ran on the mill last night and they wanted the CMM program finished like last week..... Like, I just got the part AND th CAD file this morning. Meetings every Friday morning for an hour or two and it was to be completed by the end of the day. I hinnk I'll make it though.

Duane
        Xcel & MicroVal Pfx & Global 37mr4 thru 2012mr1sp3
        Contura Calypso 5.4

Lord, keep Your arm around my shoulder and Your hand over my mouth. Amen.

Comment

White light scan
          Kevin

Comment