B&S Advanced Trainging Syllabus

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• B&S Advanced Trainging Syllabus

Does anyone have a copy of the Advanced PC-Dmis training syllabus they can post? And does anyone have a link to order the course exercise books?

Getting to take some classes in the near future and I'm looking for a good place to start. Been using for almost 3 years without formal training in Dmis. Currently using v4.1 (er, I will be when my new machine gets setup).

Thanks...

Aaron Fenner
    Quality Engineer
    PC-Dmis v4.3
    B & S Global Status 7.7.7
    6 years xp 32-bit

sigpic

http://www.brownandsharpe.com/syllab...dmisdcccs.html
    sigpic

B&S Global 544
    Using 3.7mr3

Peace
    Greg

Nothin left ta dew but :) :) :) !

Comment

Thanks Gregl. That helps.

Does anyone have a syllabus for the class/classes beyond the one Gregl has posted?

Aaron Fenner
      Quality Engineer
      PC-Dmis v4.3
      6 years xp 32-bit

sigpic

Comment

I thought that this was the CAD++ class. I was thinking that the advanced class covers hyper reporting, flow control, assignments, expressions etc... I may be wrong though.
        Aren Winebrenner

Comment

Originally posted by Arenw View Post
          I thought that this was the CAD++ class. I was thinking that the advanced class covers hyper reporting, flow control, assignments, expressions etc... I may be wrong though.
          There is no more hyper-reporting, they won't teach that unless they are training on out-dated versions. V4+ does not use them. It will run ones in existing programs, but you can not edit or create new ones.
          sigpic
          Originally posted by AndersI
          I've got one from September 2006 (bug ticket) which has finally been fixed in 2013.

Comment

Originally posted by Matthew D. Hoedeman View Post
            There is no more hyper-reporting, they won't teach that unless they are training on out-dated versions. V4+ does not use them. It will run ones in existing programs, but you can not edit or create new ones.
            But, you can create "FORMS" which have all the abilities that Hyper-Reports had plus they are MS compliant.
            sigpic

James Mannes

Comment

True just took curves and surfaces and they did not even go over hyper reporting the book we got still had it but the did not teach it.
              Since I gave up hope I feel much better !!!

Comment

Aaron
                You will get a 3 ring binder that is 1 to 1 1/2 inch thick. Do you know which advanced class you are going to? As stated above there are two of them. Also they have a class on the updates of 4.1 from 3.7. I took an abreviated part of that class due to missing it and they only said I needed one of the two days. This class is mostly on the form editor. The most important thing I got out of this class is that the standard forms show a text only editor which isn't text only. You need to ADD the default.RTP to the group of forms. open the report window and go to the second radio button, the templete selection dialog box. Then click on Add, There is a box at the top that you will need to search for the PCDMIS 4.1 file to find the default.rtp. The default.rtp is a text only editor. you can then edit that to look like your old program outputs.
                Tolerance challenged ... Living in the world of unseen lines.

This software isn't buggy its an infestation

Comment

I can't say that I got a whole lot out of the 3.7 Advanced PC-DMIS class I took back in June. Once I got back I never got a chance to play with any of the subs or hyper-reporting and before I knew it I was pretty much forced into using V4.0 and V4.1...
                  sigpic
                  Xcel 15-20-10 - PFXcel 7-6-5 - Merlin 11-11-7 - Romer Absolute 7525SI
                  PCDMIS 2012
                  Windows Office XP

Comment

Lee
                    I'm looking into taking the DMIS CAD++ class right now. I can't believe it's going to be worth taking the basic DMIS CAD. On the B&S site, there is a class called Advanced DMIS. The site didn't offer a syllabus for this class so I have no idea what that class will offer in detail. Having learned on the job, it's a little tough to determine which class to start with. I was hoping someone has taken this class and could offer some information on the content.

Aaron Fenner
                    Quality Engineer
                    PC-Dmis v4.3
                    6 years xp 32-bit

sigpic

Comment

I attached a copy of the Advanced training Syllabus which I got from my training a couple of months ago. There were only 3 people in the class so we each got alot of time to ask questions beyond just what was being covered. Over all I found the class to be very interesting, the best of the three offered for PCDMIS, IMO.
                      Last edited by MrComment; 03-19-2007, 03:52 PM.
                      Mr. Comment
                      SCIROCCO-NT 13-20-10
                      B3C-LC Controller (Leitz Protocol), SP600M, TP200
                      PCDMIS CAD++ v4.3 MR1(Build: 12/11/08)
                      sigpic

Comment

Sweet! Thanks alot. That's what I was looking for.

Aaron Fenner
                        Quality Engineer
                        PC-Dmis v4.3
                        6 years xp 32-bit

sigpic

Comment

Aaron Sent a PM I am not sure how to attach a PDF to this board
                          Lee

Comment

The one posted above is for the advanced class not the Cad ++ which you posted as the one you are going to

Comment

Originally posted by afenner View Post
                              Does anyone have a copy of the Advanced PC-Dmis training syllabus they can post? And does anyone have a link to order the course exercise books?

Getting to take some classes in the near future and I'm looking for a good place to start. Been using for almost 3 years without formal training in Dmis. Currently using v4.1 (er, I will be when my new machine gets setup).

Thanks...
                              I read that a little differently
                              sigpic

James Mannes

Comment