Sharing Report Templates

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sharing Report Templates

Are there any of you "Advanced Guru Fans of Matthew D. Hoedeman" that would be willing to share some created report templates via email?
    Last edited by rerun_lives; 01-12-2007, 02:01 AM.
    sigpic
    Cold Beer MMMmmmm........

Dell Precision T5400
    Windows 7
    B&S XCEL
    WENZEL LH1512
    PCDMIS 2011 MR1

I would myself, but I have not even loaded V4(anything) on my Pc yet. I am not yet ready for that bunch of garbage.
    sigpic
    Originally posted by AndersI
    I've got one from September 2006 (bug ticket) which has finally been fixed in 2013.

Comment

As of right now I have been using 4.1 or 4.2 since summer 2006. I have yet to make a template. The templates provided have everything that I need. What types of templates are you looking for?
      sigpic

James Mannes

Comment

I may be a bit slow but I'd like to have a template to output reports that are as close as possible to the version 3.7 text output.
        sigpic

Dell Precision T5400
        Windows 7
        B&S XCEL
        WENZEL LH1512
        PCDMIS 2011 MR1

Comment

I would not have a problem with doing that, but I gave up making new ones because they are not behaving right after you change them. I have been promised sveral fixes that will allow me to start to change them. Until V4.2 comes out, I am not trying to make any changes.

Jan.
          PC-DMIS/NC 2010MR3; 15 December 2010; running on 18 machine tools.
          Romer Infinite; PC-DMIS 2010 MR3; 15 December 2010.

Comment

Bubba Gump wanted me to ask what are the benefits to using a template, and do you need a template. I remember someone asking that at the B&S class and the teacher blew that off like like a 2 dollar wh%%e.
            sigpic

Comment

I think if you use "default.rtp" the reports should look like 3.7.

Comment

I heard from B&S rep that 4.2 will have drag/drop functionality from edit window to report window..........now THAT would be an improvement we all would appreciate.

James could you validate this with your experience using 4.2???
                sigpiccall me "Plum Crazy"....but you only go around once!

Comment

Here's one I worked on for a while. I did not do anything advanced (like FCF's) but it may get you started for what you wanted. Upload size restrictions keep me from sending the .rtp file (so you'll miss out on page numbers) but I could post that info if anyone wants to manually add that.
                  To play with this, I would completely copy your "Reporting" folder and keep it somewhere safe in case you need to go back. Then, extract these to the working folder (it'll overwrite 3 of your files). Then use the TextOnly.rtp. THIS MAY AFFECT THE DISPLAY OF OTHER REPORT TEMPLATES! So if you like the style, you might have to do some copying/renaming of the .lbl files and editing of the rule tree for the report so you can have this style and the default style in the same folder.
                  P.S. If it doesn't look like v3.7 reports, post a description and I'll review if I sent all the proper files.

New Compressed (zipped) Folder.zip

Comment

I posted this somewhere else and thought it might apply here also Brown and Sharpe/ Hexagon has a class on the updates of 4.1 from 3.7. I took an abreviated part of that class due to missing it when it was offered and they only said I needed one of the two days. This class is mostly on the form editor. The most important thing I got out of this class is that the standard forms show a text only editor which isn't text only. You need to ADD the default.RTP to the group of forms. open the report window and go to the second radio button, the templete selection dialog box. Then click on Add, There is a box at the top that you will need to search for the PCDMIS 4.1 file to find the default.rtp. The default.rtp is a text only editor. you can then edit that to look like your old program outputs. The second day of the class is mostly labs on using the form editor
                    Tolerance challenged ... Living in the world of unseen lines.

This software isn't buggy its an infestation

Comment

Oops, I misunderstood what he was asking for. I thought he wanted the "pretty" text report with colored bars indicating in/out of tolerance (but without all the background colors and wasted space of the V4.x version). Thanks for the info on the default.rtp

Comment

Thanks All. Going to give these files and suggestions the old collge try.
                        sigpic

Dell Precision T5400
                        Windows 7
                        B&S XCEL
                        WENZEL LH1512
                        PCDMIS 2011 MR1

Comment

I don't even want to waist my time playing with the templates. I absolutely hate 4.0 because of all the work-arounds. I keep saying I'm not going to use that version anymore but because of all the programs I receive from a third party inspection house I am pretty much forced to use it. I know I can save back to 3.7 but that gets to be a real pain also especially when so many drawing revisions (which typically require massive CMM program revisions) are made.

I can't wait until 4.2 or whatever is released . . .
                          sigpic
                          Xcel 15-20-10 - PFXcel 7-6-5 - Merlin 11-11-7 - Romer Absolute 7525SI
                          PCDMIS 2012
                          Windows Office XP

Comment