Generic Feature Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Generic Feature Question

Is it possible to construct an intersection point between a generic circle and a measured line?? I have a print that has an intersection point between a measured surface (line) and a theoretical circle with basic dimensions (X,Y and radius)

Maybe I'm doing something wrong, but it's not working out for me.

Do they actually intersect?

Can you post the drawing segment?
    Links to my utilities for PCDMIS

Comment

Sorry, I am unable to post a drawing.

In answer to your question, they SHOULD intersect, I have them at the same Z height.

Comment

Did you try a pierce point?
        sigpic"Hated by Many, Loved by Few" _ A.B. - Stone brewery

Comment

Yes sir I did. I even tried to pierce with a reverse vector of the line.

SHOULD this work?? Is it possible with a generic feature? I've never used a generic feature before and I'm not sure what I can or cannot do with them.

Comment

It should work. Check the help file for intersect and pierce point, but I am almost positive I have done this myself. Of course if your line and circle really do not intersect, nothing can save you! Bwwwwwaaaaaahhhhahahahahaha!
            sigpic"Hated by Many, Loved by Few" _ A.B. - Stone brewery

Comment

Originally posted by John Kugler View Post
              Sorry, I am unable to post a drawing.

In answer to your question, they SHOULD intersect, I have them at the same Z height.
              well since you cnt post even a sketch, I'll make an assumption about what it looks like. As Wes said, the generic circle is basically the same as ameasured circle for intents(it has no points though).
              This solution will work when the two do not actually intersect but need to get a number that represents that measurement.
              Links to my utilities for PCDMIS

Comment

Some constructed features can not be used to construct other features. One example is a constructed cylinder can not be used to construct an intersection of that cylinder and a plane. Why? I don't freaking know but you may be in the same boat with this generic feature, I'm not sure.

Craig
                <internet bumper sticker goes here>

Comment

be sure to input all the xyz for both theo and meas in the fields provided along with the proper vector to represent an actual feature if it were "real"

this might (not tested) be the reason for the trouble you have

also verify working plane and all vectors of other feats in the construction

also pcdmis version may be another issue.....we all know they are always different
                  Last edited by Mike N.; 01-12-2007, 09:28 AM.
                  sigpiccall me "Plum Crazy"....but you only go around once!

Comment