Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• pc-dmis cad++ 4.1 reporting

I have, up-graded from 3.7 mr2 to 4.1
    I have no problems programming, it is the reporting that is driving me crazy, for the last few hours.
    Do I need to open up a report template, or start a new one??

what is it you want to do?

4.x reporting is different in the way that instead of creating a report for each part program, you have only to create a generic report template for all part programs.

or maybe a couple of different report templates for different customers.
    once you start to use it, it gets easier.

it really isn't more difficult just different
    Which one gets ridden today? MPH vs MPG..tough choice, both are FUN
    sigpic

Starrett RGDC 4028-24 :alien:
    Demon vintages 3.7, 4.1, 4.2, 4.3, 2009

Comment

What is it that you are trying to do? If you press report window, it should show you the default text only template. Are you trying to modify that???

Jan.
      PC-DMIS/NC 2010MR3; 15 December 2010; running on 18 machine tools.
      Romer Infinite; PC-DMIS 2010 MR3; 15 December 2010.

Comment

You need to go to VEIW>>REPORT WINDOW>> and then click on the refresh button(yellow buton on the left side of report toolbar). "textonly" is the default report sent with PC-DMIS, there are others also sent, but at this time I only use "textonly", it provides everything I need. It should show you the report for the whole program. Keep in mind if you use "marked sets" or just unmark any dimensions and hit refresh those items not marked will not be shown.
        Last edited by JamesMannes; 01-11-2007, 11:36 AM.
        sigpic

James Mannes

Comment

[QUOTE=bob mappes;44505]what is it you want to do?

4.x reporting is different in the way that instead of creating a report for each part program, you have only to create a generic report template for all part programs.

or maybe a couple of different report templates for different customers.
          once you start to use it, it gets easier.

it really isn't more difficult just different[/QUOTEWell when viewing the report,
          I see a datum shift segment with x y, z at 0.0's what, is it tell me and I do I edit it????

Comment

I see a datum shift segment with x y, z at 0.0's what, is it tell me and I do I edit it????

Comment

One more think, in my feature control frame I see the nominals of my cir. with the tol. , 9.2dia. +/- 0.15, but under that it show the feature with the tol. +/- 0.0

Comment

No, it is not an editable item. This is used to show the reader how much datum shift was applied when using modifiers MMC,LMC for datums. I notice though that you are showing 3 axis'. When you created your TP callout, go to ADVANCED and click on the name of the reported feature down at the bottom left of the ADVANCED window. Normally you would only be reporting 2 axis' so uncheck one of the boxes that is not needed. Also, notice the pull down menu that allows you to use "datum reference" or "current alignment", I have been using "current alignment" because I think there is an error in the way that it is reporting using "datum reference". Be aware though I am using 4.2 Release Candidate, so it may be a problem spcific to 4.2.
                sigpic

James Mannes

Comment

No matter what I do I can not get the datum shift segment to read anythink but 0.0,with the X Y, Z , or the rotation (still showing 3 axis).
                  Under that is the FCF summary it show the 2 axis I am working with??

Comment

My mistake, sorry(running a program when I answered). Yes, all three are displayed. Cannot edit them. As long as you are not using datum modifiers there will not be a datum shift reported.
                    sigpic

James Mannes

Comment

Originally posted by JamesMannes View Post
                      My mistake, sorry(running a program when I answered). Yes, all three are displayed. Cannot edit them. As long as you are not using datum modifiers there will not be a datum shift reported.
                      James is right. If there are no datum modifiers on your TP datums, you will never get a datum shift on TP. The datum modifiers allow the feature that represents that datum to be made to a size that allows the hard gauge to "wiggle". This wiggle, creates the datum shift. Just to try, put an MMC modifier behind your datums in the FCF and you'll see PC-DMIS wiggle. It wiggles within the VC until the TP is smallest.

Jan.
                      PC-DMIS/NC 2010MR3; 15 December 2010; running on 18 machine tools.
                      Romer Infinite; PC-DMIS 2010 MR3; 15 December 2010.

Comment

How do you add page numbering on the report? I am using the default report template.

Comment