CCM Program Validation???

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • CCM Program Validation???

    Anyone have a Customer Requirement to Verify CMM Programed Nominal Points back to Naitive Master Model?????

    Involves exporting IGEs of Nominal points from Pc-dmis and importing to say Catia or Pro E and analysing distance of points from Master Model Model. Acceptance point Validation. The process is very tedious. Heard there may be a Add on available for Catia that runs this check automatically and gives summary of points.
    Anyone have to do this??? Anyone know of this Add-on?
    Any Feedback is much appreciated.

    Thanks ~ G-Man
    sigpicThanks a Millionth

  • #2
    Nope...

    Never had to do that, but I have heard of it...
    sigpic
    Xcel 15-20-10 - PFXcel 7-6-5 - Merlin 11-11-7 - Romer Absolute 7525SI
    PCDMIS 2012
    Windows Office XP

    Comment


    • #3
      In my experience with PC-Dmis, any iges export is from ACTUALS. I have tried to export nominals with little success. This may be why you are getting the questions.
      http://baggy3.info/signani3.gif
      Excercise your mind,..... muscle works better than fat!!

      Comment


      • #4
        All you ahve to do is MARKED USED, SHOW PATH LINES, and it will put all the features BACK TO THE TARGET locations. Normally, these will match the nominals, unless YOU have changed the targets for some reason. Save the file, close, open and export.
        sigpic
        Originally posted by AndersI
        I've got one from September 2006 (bug ticket) which has finally been fixed in 2013.

        Comment


        • #5
          I have experienced using what Matt says. However, I also have experienced it not moving the actuals, which is still what gets exported. Possibly opening offline & executing will return the actual to nominal.
          http://baggy3.info/signani3.gif
          Excercise your mind,..... muscle works better than fat!!

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by Paul Barriage View Post
            I have experienced using what Matt says. However, I also have experienced it not moving the actuals, which is still what gets exported. Possibly opening offline & executing will return the actual to nominal.
            Are you SURE that the actuals didn't get updated and NOT just the dimensions? For some reason, V3.7 will NOT update the dimensions in the file after you do the MARK-ALL ~ SHOW-PATH-LINES thing. After saving and re-opening, all the dimensions STILL show the LAST executed values, but the actual features themselves show the target(nominal) values for the actuals. If you simply type in the FEATURE ID in the first dimension over (double-click, re-type FEATURE ID) it will then update all the dimensions to the current actuals. Quite annoying.
            sigpic
            Originally posted by AndersI
            I've got one from September 2006 (bug ticket) which has finally been fixed in 2013.

            Comment


            • #7
              I reset the actuals by executing the program offline. But, I think it resets them to the target value, not the CAD nominal. Normally they would be the same, but the nominals & targets could have been changed and be different.

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by johnboy View Post
                I reset the actuals by executing the program offline. But, I think it resets them to the target value, not the CAD nominal. Normally they would be the same, but the nominals & targets could have been changed and be different.
                That is correct, no matter HOW you do it (show paths or offline execution) the TARGETS are where Pcdmis will put the point.

                The reason for the TARGET option is for any feature that is off location by more than the amount of the PREHIT/RETRACT to handle. A great example is a 3mm hole that is off location by 4mm. It may be fine for itto be that far off, but who wants to waste the time doing FIND HOLE or READ POS when you can simply put in the target location of where it is at so that it will go there correctly, but then STILL report back to the correct cad nominals. Quite handy.
                sigpic
                Originally posted by AndersI
                I've got one from September 2006 (bug ticket) which has finally been fixed in 2013.

                Comment


                • #9
                  I can get the iges of the nominals. Where the problem begins is at the Master Model in Catia. Analyzing each point to the model by selecting the point then selecting the model is very Tedious. Hoping someone knows of a Add on to run this as a script????
                  sigpicThanks a Millionth

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    NOPE, I have never heard of one, and yep, it is a b-s tedious task that does nothing but waste time and effort and helps to jack the cost of everything involved.

                    You can do it the other way around, create points in the cad utility, then check those points on th epart with Pcdmis.
                    sigpic
                    Originally posted by AndersI
                    I've got one from September 2006 (bug ticket) which has finally been fixed in 2013.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Yes, we are required by the customer to verify our points back to the Customer supplied model.
                      It is very tedious so we bought the Catia V5 DCI which requires a Catia license to use because it opens Catia in the background.
                      It uses Catia model direct this way, no translation so you no longer have to verify the points back.
                      Saves lots of time when it works.
                      The problem we have now is the customer supplies V5 R17 files and PC D-MIS DCI can only handle Catia V5 R15 in PC D-MIS V3.7 MR-2.
                      We have to "convert" the R17 Catia files back to R15 in Catia to be able to use them.
                      This "conversion", we do not interpret as a translation since it is all done within Catia.
                      Of course we get other types of models and have to do translation verifications yet for those programs.
                      I had wanted to make a script to run in Catia to basically generate the PC D-MIS program by hitting points on the part in Catia.
                      Of course as always there is no time alotted to anything but production so thats not going to happen.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Search for 'SILMA' by metrologic, previous job had this software with this check feature, it would show a comparision of cad noms and points in program

                        HTH
                        THOMAS

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          I have been trying to get the Company I work for to get a Metrologic Silma demo and quote since September '06.
                          I believe Metrologic Silma replaced Delmia "Inspect" which I requested a demo of, over a year ago.
                          The way I understand it Metrologic Silma is a Delmia add-on.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by Gary Fitzgerald View Post
                            Anyone have a Customer Requirement to Verify CMM Programed Nominal Points back to Naitive Master Model?????

                            Involves exporting IGEs of Nominal points from Pc-dmis and importing to say Catia or Pro E and analysing distance of points from Master Model Model. Acceptance point Validation. The process is very tedious. Heard there may be a Add on available for Catia that runs this check automatically and gives summary of points.
                            Anyone have to do this??? Anyone know of this Add-on?
                            Any Feedback is much appreciated.

                            Thanks ~ G-Man
                            Is this a Medical products customer? Because PCDMIS is not a software where you can lock the part program, it may be difficult to get your program certified.



                            Originally posted by RussL View Post
                            I have been trying to get the Company I work for to get a Metrologic Silma demo and quote since September '06.
                            I believe Metrologic Silma replaced Delmia "Inspect" which I requested a demo of, over a year ago.
                            The way I understand it Metrologic Silma is a Delmia add-on.
                            Silma is an offline CMM progamming tool. Since Metrolog bought them their presence in the market has greatly diminished. I think Metrolog bought them to remove a competitor from the market.
                            Links to my utilities for PCDMIS

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by cmmguy View Post
                              Is this a Medical products customer? Because PCDMIS is not a software where you can lock the part program, it may be difficult to get your program certified.





                              Silma is an offline CMM progamming tool. Since Metrolog bought them their presence in the market has greatly diminished. I think Metrolog bought them to remove a competitor from the market.
                              What you mean, you can't 'lock' the program? Do you mean you can't make it so it can't be changed or are you refering to Pcdmis 'changing' the program on it own in some way?
                              sigpic
                              Originally posted by AndersI
                              I've got one from September 2006 (bug ticket) which has finally been fixed in 2013.

                              Comment

                              Related Topics

                              Collapse

                              Working...
                              X