Parrallelism

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Parrallelism

I am writing a program and in the program I have the part dimensioned for Parrallelism the first part is coming out good but the second is always bad. I have watched it taking the hits on the part and the are making good contact. As well as changed partsand still the spec is .003 my first parts is coming out .0006 the second is between .003 and .0033

Thanks KC

Global Image
    3.7 MR2
    Since I gave up hope I feel much better !!!

Could it be the 2nd part is actually bad. Can you check the parallelism with an indicator to verify its good or bad.
    sigpic.....Its called golf because all the other 4 letter words were taken

Comment

What's the question??
      Links to my utilities for PCDMIS

Comment

Originally posted by bw_bob View Post
        Could it be the 2nd part is actually bad. Can you check the parallelism with an indicator to verify its good or bad.
        Good idea Bob. I can't reinforce how important it is to keep the surface plate inspection skills up to par. If you can't check it "old school", you can't do it on a CMM.
        When in doubt, post code. A second set of eyes might see something you missed.
        sigpic

Comment

Or what happens if you reverse the order in which you run the two parts. Call them A & B, if you run A then B and A is good and B is out, what happens if you run B and then A? Is B good and then A out?
          sigpic"Hated by Many, Loved by Few" _ A.B. - Stone brewery

Comment

Yes part is good to plate inspection. Question is what Am I doing wrong. any suggetions. I lvl'd the planes I created for the parral but have not tried the program since. hope that does the trick but who know?

Global Image
            3.7 MR2

Comment

My brain is steering me to ask,....

Is the alignment to a fixture? Or the part?

Is the final alignment done DCC? To each part?
              http://baggy3.info/signani3.gif
              Excercise your mind,..... muscle works better than fat!!

Comment

Alignment is done to part and final alignment is DCC to one part I am however leveling the 2 planes for each part with an alignment.

Comment

Is this one program that will measure two parts with one execution? Or is it one program measuring one part, then you repeat with another part and get wonky results.

Comment

it is a program with an array of 3 rows of 10 the 1st and second piece of the 1st row I am measuring the parrall. after that I am not doing it because only 2 pcs are required for the final. Sorry for all the noob questioned and if I am not clear on everything guys.

Comment

I would double check to make absolutely sure you have dimensioned the parralleism of the correct planes. Make sure you aren't comparing a plane on the second part to a plane on the first part.

Comment

Originally posted by Ken379128 View Post
                        Alignment is done to part and final alignment is DCC to one part I am however leveling the 2 planes for each part with an alignment.
                        I think you need a DCC alignment to EACH part. Can you post part of the code? It'd help us to see it. Something might jump out at one of us. We've all had "annoyances" like this, another set of eyes usually sees it.
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by John Kingston View Post
                          I think you need a DCC alignment to EACH part. Can you post part of the code? It'd help us to see it. Something might jump out at one of us. We've all had "annoyances" like this, another set of eyes usually sees it.
                          But does parrallelism depend on alignment? I don't think so and I don't think it is workplane dependent either as both features must be 3d features. Sure, the hit vectors for the planes would depend on alignment but I don't think that would make him .003 off. True, an alignment for each part would be the ideal situation but I don't think it is causing the problem.

Comment

Originally posted by Goodluck View Post
                            But does parrallelism depend on alignment? I don't think so and I don't think it is workplane dependent either as both features must be 3d features. Sure, the hit vectors for the planes would depend on alignment but I don't think that would make him .003 off. True, an alignment for each part would be the ideal situation but I don't think it is causing the problem.
                            BUT, if the parallelism is to a datum & the datum is the initial alignment.......
                            sigpic

Comment

When parallellism is dimensioned won't you have to plug in the 2 planes, the "compare to" (1st) and the "datum" (second) regardless of alignments.

I'm wondering how much area are you looking at on both features?
                              PC-DMIS CAD++ 3.7 from 4.2 MR1

Comment