Find Nominals

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Find Nominals

Worked on a program (my first iterate program) few months ago every thing seems to come out correct. Now my boss wants me to finish up all the parts. So I started another program with my cad model downloaded did my manual iterate alignment then to my dcc iterate alignment - "then I thought to myself (self do I need to hit F5 and turn on FIND NOMINALS)" Can anyone help me with this, instead of calling the help line, and also what about a good explanation of CAD=PART I know I don't need to hit that or do I?
    sigpic

AuRules,

No, after dcc iterative alignment, do not need to "F5", or cad=part.

ZycecoPete
    sigpic

Comment

NO! DO NOT TURN ON FIND NOMINALS. The ONLY thing that is meant for is to make Pcdmis FIND NEW NOMINALS (and vectors) when you put NEW cad data into the program and you do not wanty to re-program each point. You simply go into 'offline' and execute, it SHOULD find the new cad nominals and update the features. Then save the program, and TURN IT BACK OFF!
      sigpic
      Originally posted by AndersI
      I've got one from September 2006 (bug ticket) which has finally been fixed in 2013.

Comment

Thank you ole' brothers were art thou.....
        sigpic

Comment

Having issues with finding nominals. I'm running V3.7MR3, iterative alignment, and my surface that one of the datum points is on is not reporting right. This is in my Y axis and I run my alignment with target tols to .004". When I run the program using vector points to construct a feature set for scan analysis, that datum target area is showing points out by .015".

I ghave tried offline using F5 then FIND NOMINALS and also FIND NOMINALS during EXECUTION. I've gone back and pulled the points off of the CAD model manually and nothing I have tried fixes this.

Any ideas as to what I am missing?

TIA

Duane
          Xcel & MicroVal Pfx & Global 37mr4 thru 2012mr1sp3
          Contura Calypso 5.4

Lord, keep Your arm around my shoulder and Your hand over my mouth. Amen.

Comment

One thought on this problem. This is on mirrored programs only. The original ran like a charm with no problems.
            Contura Calypso 5.4

Comment

dwade,

I'm not sure if this may be part of your problem,
              when you mirror a program, you'll need to remember to do the following;

go to "edit", preferences, setup, part/machine, then looking at your cad on screen as well as the trihedron, look at part setup and verify that each of your axis is set correctly.

ZydecoPete
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by dwade View Post

Having issues with finding nominals. I'm running V3.7MR3, iterative alignment, and my surface that one of the datum points is on is not reporting right. This is in my Y axis and I run my alignment with target tols to .004". When I run the program using vector points to construct a feature set for scan analysis, that datum target area is showing points out by .015".

I ghave tried offline using F5 then FIND NOMINALS and also FIND NOMINALS during EXECUTION. I've gone back and pulled the points off of the CAD model manually and nothing I have tried fixes this.

Any ideas as to what I am missing?

TIA

Duane

Well, how many points are you using for that datums? If it is for the level and you use more than 3, or the rotate and you use more than 2 or the origin and you use more than 1 you WILL see error unless the part is perfect.
                sigpic
                I've got one from September 2006 (bug ticket) which has finally been fixed in 2013.

Comment

CAD = Part is good. That is the first thing I correct after mirroring the part program.

I am taking 3 points for X axis level, 2 points for Z axis align and one point for Y origin. It is a Y axis point taken on the same surface about .015" away from the Y datum point that shows a shift. The surface is flat too.
                  Contura Calypso 5.4

Comment

I would reset the alignment back to nominal and make sure your nominals the same for both points and then recheck after it has been run. Also it helps to make sure the CAD data is in the correct position, redo CAD = PART when the alignment is at start up works for us.

Comment

Just wanted to let y'all know that I found the problem this morning.

It was operator error. Iterative alignment had the wrong feature for the Y origin.

Thank you for the input though.

Duane
                      Contura Calypso 5.4

Comment

Originally posted by dwade View Post
                        Just wanted to let y'all know that I found the problem this morning.

It was operator error. Iterative alignment had the wrong feature for the Y origin.

Thank you for the input though.

Duane
                        We've all been there, done that, in one way or another!
                        sigpic

Comment