CAD & Car Body Position

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CAD & Car Body Position

I have imported an IGES file which is in car body position....why can't I get the part to sink up with the CAD? Help!

You have to create an alignment that puts you into CAR BODY relative to the part/gage that you're working on then do a CAD=PART, or you need to do an iterative alignment which will also put you into the coordinate system of the CAD file.
    Last edited by Bill **********; 01-04-2007, 01:09 PM.

Comment

Once Iterative alignment ia complete and CAD=Part do I need to go back and run to measure to the part?

Comment

When you finish your iter alignment and then do your CAD=PART, your alignment should be complete, and you can then continue measuring your other stuff.
        Mr. Comment
        SCIROCCO-NT 13-20-10
        B3C-LC Controller (Leitz Protocol), SP600M, TP200
        PCDMIS CAD++ v4.3 MR1(Build: 12/11/08)
        sigpic

Comment

Just Peachy,

Keep in mind that if you perform an iterative alignment, you do not need to do a Cad=Part.

Once you have completed what I would call an "initial" alignment, I would then perform at least one more alignment in dcc mode.

ZydecoPete
          sigpic

Comment

Also, try this.....

http://cmmprogrammer.19.forumer.com/viewtopic.php?t=104
            sigpic
            Originally posted by AndersI
            I've got one from September 2006 (bug ticket) which has finally been fixed in 2013.

Comment

None of the above seems to be working

Comment

Just Peachy,

What version of software are you running? What have you tried/done so far.

More information would be helpful.

ZydecoPete
                sigpic

Comment

Measured

3.5 CAD++ Choose 123 alignment features for Iterative Alignment then CAD=Part....tried no CAD=Part. When I go to measure features for DCC alignment locations not the same so I tried hacking in the XYZ locations of the features per the CAD.

Comment

Once a cad = part is done it can not be undone that may be why??
                    sigpic
                    if you had soap on a rope it would be tied to yer ankle

Comment

Peachy,

As T Miller stated above. You may have to start your program over.

New program, import iges file. Next under edit, preferences, setup, then part machine, set the part axis (x,y,z axis) to align with the machine axis, then apply.

Select your points for your 3,2,1 alignment, each "group" of points roughly perpendicular to the other. Now do an iterative alignment. All should be good from here. Now do a dcc iterative alignment.

ZydecoPete
                      sigpic

Comment

I'm still missing something....I have my 3D model then I choose my points/features on the CAD to create my alignment then CAD=Part.
                        Then I remeasure the same features on the part?

Comment

Originally posted by Just Peachy View Post
                          I'm still missing something....I have my 3D model then I choose my points/features on the CAD to create my alignment then CAD=Part.
                          Then I remeasure the same features on the part?

After choosing point on model are you then measuring this point on part. After that you remeasure all features & then do cad=part ?????
                          sigpic.....Its called golf because all the other 4 letter words were taken

Comment

ITERATIVE ALIGNMENT:

1) Decide on which 6 points (minimum) you will use, 3 with simular vectors, 2 with vectors as close to 90 degrees off from the first in either direction, but again with simular vectors, then 1 with a vector as close to 90 from the previous 5 as possible.

2) Select these points from the CAD model, using AUTO FEATURES, but while still in manual mode, create the points, BUT DO NOT MEASURE THEM

3) Close AUTO FEATURES, go to ALIGNMENT, select ITERATIVE alignment

4) Select the 3 simular points for the 3 'level' points, then the 2 simular points for the 'rotate' points, then the last point.

5) Set the point target radius to 4 or 5mm and the fixture tolerance to 1mm

6) Click OK to close the ITERATIVE window, then click OK to close the ALIGNMENT window

7) Mark all features and execute

8) YOU will now manually measure those 6 points as close to the correct locations as you can, it will then solve the alignment for you. HOWEVER, if any of the points fall OUTSIDE of the tolerances you entered in the ITERATIVE alignment window, YOU will be prompted to position the CMM so that PCDMIS can then re-measure any 'bad' features in DCC mode.

9) Once this is done, you SHOULD go into DCC mode and create a SECOND alignment, all in DCC, with moves, tips, etc. so that it will run without any crashes.

10) Once the features are measured in DCC mode, create a second ITERATIVE alignment, using ONLY the DCC features, but this time, set the tolerances to a lower amount. I use a 0.5mm target and 0.05mm fixture tolerance. You should also makr MEAS ALL ALWAYS, this will make Pcdmis measure the features once through, solve the iterative alignment, then meaure them all again to this 'temporary' alignment, then solve again.

11) At this point, you should be aligned and ready to program your part.
                            sigpic
                            Originally posted by AndersI
                            I've got one from September 2006 (bug ticket) which has finally been fixed in 2013.

Comment

That's it!!!!!! Thanks sooooo much Matthew!

Comment