Probe directory question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Probe directory question

I was wondering where the data is stored pertaining to probe calibrations.

Let's say I calibrate my 4x50mm, if I look at the results from the calibration it is not perfect, but the machine comps for those imperfections correct? Also, where are those comped settings stored?

I ask because after an upgrade I (yes It's my fault) set both our machines search path for the probe files to a common probe folder on the network. After that we started getting not matching results from one machine to the other.

I was wondering if the comped results are stored in the probe file itself? If so, when the probe is calibrated on one machine, then later the other machine calls up that probe, will the second machine be trying to run on a probe that is comped to the first machine?

Does this make sense?
    CMM Programmer
    Jackson Michigan
    Mistral 7.7.5
    4.3MR2

As far as I know, the calibrated data is in the probile file itself. So, YES, you are bummin' because the probe, when calibrated on one machine, will have different angles and different sizes than a probe that is on a different machine.
    sigpic
    Originally posted by AndersI
    I've got one from September 2006 (bug ticket) which has finally been fixed in 2013.

Comment

probes are comp'd and saved (probe.prb and probe.results) specific to the machine that did the calibration

don't mix and match probe files from a network in different machines
      sigpiccall me "Plum Crazy"....but you only go around once!

Comment

Probe.results is only a 'text' file so you can print the results or look at them, they are not used by Pcdmis after the creation of the file. It is sort of the 'report' of your calibration, just like the RTF or PDF files are the report of your part check.
        sigpic
        Originally posted by AndersI
        I've got one from September 2006 (bug ticket) which has finally been fixed in 2013.

Comment

Thanks guys, I only screwed up for a day! Uh, yay? Coulda been worse I 'spose. Everyday is a learning experience. blah...Friday yet?
          CMM Programmer
          Jackson Michigan
          Mistral 7.7.5
          4.3MR2

Comment