Need a little Cad Help........

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need a little Cad Help........

Created me a generic program yesterday on my offline computer and imported a Catia V5 model w/ ship cordinates. Then for practice I generated a CMM model and imported it into my program so I can start using my offline for programming. Looked into the graphics window and noticed the 2 downloads were not touching. So I used my F5 key and done a autoposition. It was all out of whack my part positioned one way my cmm positioned another way this is where I need help. Calling for help takes to long. Please fellows I need a little shove to get me going in the right direction.
    sigpic

Hit F5 and make the machine axis match the cad axis. Then the model SHOULD lay right, if I understand your problem correctly.
    sigpic
    Originally posted by AndersI
    I've got one from September 2006 (bug ticket) which has finally been fixed in 2013.

Comment

The attached .jpg shows the parts as close to the cmm as I could get it. Also the part cordinates are also a little twisted. what I mean is cordinate of the part is not 0,0,1 they're like example .0624, .0914, .9924 Which throws me off alittle more. I have
      written a program using this type of part before on the cmm. which at first was dreadful but I made it through and it came out good. But I would now since I have so many of these part is to do it offline.
      Attached Files
      sigpic

Comment

Matt's solution should work - I have to do that for every part I program. Looks like you have a good visual to use for figuring out part axis you'd like to correspond with the machine already.
        sigpic

Comment

Hit F5 again and push the Adjust button ---> rotate about Z

Comment