Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone Familiar With UMESS-UX?

Blessed & Prosperous NEW YEAR to All!

Does anyone know if the rotate table comand in UMESS-UX requires an additional rotation of the working alignment within the program or is the part alignment and the rotary table married thru the qualification of the rotary table as it is in PC-DMIS?

Thanks,
    Ron

It has been a few years since I used Umess and I never used a rotating table, but I will make a few calls and see if I can get ya a answer. I take it you ask for ZEISS...... This might take me a day or two, my guy is on the road driving around, when he hits home (maybe tommorow) he will know.

If you have to have it now, I would suggest rotating it a few degrees and try with the working alignment and see if it crashes.
    I talk dirty to my cmm. Justn

Comment

Originally posted by justncredible View Post
      It has been a few years since I used Umess and I never used a rotating table, but I will make a few calls and see if I can get ya a answer. I take it you ask for ZEISS...... This might take me a day or two, my guy is on the road driving around, when he hits home (maybe tommorow) he will know.

If you have to have it now, I would suggest rotating it a few degrees and try with the working alignment and see if it crashes.
      Thanks, justincredible...Actually, I am working offline and will put the program online here in the next few days. I am trying to get an idea of what to expect as I have translated this program from UMESS-UX (ZEISS) to PC-DMIS. I am trying to corelate the table rotation function to what it would need to do in PC-DMIS based on the measurement points within the UMESS-UX program. I guess I am just being lazy and trying no to do the math...lol. I will welcome any and all input your source can provide. I was not even vaguely familiar with UMESS prior to embaking upon this project, but I am coming up to speed fairly well so far.

Thanks,
      Ron

Comment

I am going to take a guess on this and say YES. Because if you calibrate the table and then rotate it, exactly how would you know how much to rotate, and correct for pitch, yaw, roll and offset of the table centerline? It would have to be tied together.
        Links to my utilities for PCDMIS

Comment

I just have to point out the stupidity of naming your software UMESS. I would think that the subliminal message contained in that name would stifle sales.

Other than that, I know nothing about it.

Comment

Originally posted by Goodluck View Post
            I just have to point out the stupidity of naming your software UMESS. I would think that the subliminal message contained in that name would stifle sales.

Other than that, I know nothing about it.
            LOL...TruDat, Goodluck...Couldn't agree more, but be nice they are German and the name is supposed to be an acronymn of sorts for 'Universal Measuring Software for UNIX and LINUX'...Who knows how that translated into the nam UMESS. Maybe iit was kinda like the International Organization of Standards=ISO instead of IOS. For certain, the definitely became a forebearer of things to come on this project...lol.

Blessed New Years to Ya!!!
            Ron

Comment

Keep in mind that one of the first computer companies was Wang.
              When in doubt, post code. A second set of eyes might see something you missed.
              sigpic

Comment

He said it is "married" and knows what the table is doing.

That does not surprise me since UMESS is maybe the best cmm program ever made. Watch a Zeiss with a 15 probe tree zip around a part, then watch a pc-dmis reinshaw have to clear stop and rotate, then crash into the part....LOL

Comment

Originally posted by justncredible View Post
                  He said it is "married" and knows what the table is doing.

That does not surprise me since UMESS is maybe the best cmm program ever made. Watch a Zeiss with a 15 probe tree zip around a part, then watch a pc-dmis reinshaw have to clear stop and rotate, then crash into the part....LOL
                  Thanks justincredible...No doubt you are correct in your assessment of the Zeiss vs the Renishaw. That scanning head is the most amazing thing I have scene on a CMM. It is like a CMM inside the probehead.

Thanks again!!!
                  Ron

Comment

I went from Zeiss Umess-UX Eclipse to B&S Pc-Dmis, PC-Dmis is easy to use but lacks the control Umess gives you. Also I do not remember if Zeiss chraged for updates due to faulty softeware, I do not think Zeiss would sell a car with 3 tires like wilcox has done with Pc-Dmis.

Comment