Program Shortcuts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Program Shortcuts

Is there a way to setup shortcuts for individual programs?

You could just save them to your desk top and then you need only double click them.

Comment

Originally posted by Tested View Post
      You could just save them to your desk top and then you need only double click them.
      In order for this to work you would have to configure windows to open .PRG files with PCDMIS by default if it has not already. It would help more if you describe in detail what you are trying to do.
      I used to be high on life but I built up a tolerance.

Brown & Sharpe Global Advantage
      PCDMIS CAD++ v2011mr2
      PH10MQ/SP600M

sigpic

Comment

PCDMIS Is not measuremax...
        Links to my utilities for PCDMIS

Comment

The idea is to have shorcut keys installed on the desktop. We are trying to get away from having the operator open PCDMIS and searching for the correct program. We would like for the operator to select the shorcut key and run the program.

Comment

desk top

Originally posted by wacuna View Post
            The idea is to have shorcut keys installed on the desktop. We are trying to get away from having the operator open PCDMIS and searching for the correct program. We would like for the operator to select the shorcut key and run the program.
            Just putting them on the Desk Top should work. If it isn't you should only need to associate them to PC DMIS.

Comment

Originally posted by Tested View Post
              Just putting them on the Desk Top should work. If it isn't you should only need to associate them to PC DMIS.
              Make them READ ONLY or they will probably get changed.
              sigpic
              Originally posted by AndersI
              I've got one from September 2006 (bug ticket) which has finally been fixed in 2013.

Comment

MAKE BACK UPS somewhere other than the computer you have them on as well.

Comment

If you just place shortcuts on your desktop, I believe it will open with PCDMIS Online and not operator mode. I haven't tried this but the command line for operator mode is "pcdlrn /o".

Placing shortcuts on your desktop?? Doesn't sound like you have alot of programs. Also sounds like your monkeys have no clue to what they are doing or someone screwed up big time and this is a preventative thing?

I say bring your monkeys up to speed on technology and do not lower your standards to compensate their needs It's called "Learning".

PCDMIS CAD++ v2011mr2
                  PH10MQ/SP600M

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Bill McCafferty View Post
                    MAKE BACK UPS somewhere other than the computer you have them on as well.
                    If you have a network drive (which you should), then create a "batch" file of some sort to automate the backup process. Something like "cmmbackup.bat" and in it use the "copy" command to copy programs to your network drive/folder. Use window's scheduler to automatically run this batch file periodically (I have it set every friday).

PCDMIS CAD++ v2011mr2
                    PH10MQ/SP600M

sigpic

Comment

If you must put them on the desktop...

They will only work if PC-DMIS is not open. If PC-DMIS is open and you double click on a program it will not open.

I am guessing they don't want your operators "snooping" around in network folders and such looking for programs. Can you just put all the programs in one folder on the computer's hard drive? Then, set that folder as the default and when they go to open a program they won't have to do any "snooping"

If you do that or if you don't, remember to back up regularly.

Comment

You need STI. It creates a screen with buttons for all operator run programs.
                        Programs can be started and run from buttons on the screen without operators ever having to go into PCDMIS.

Comment

http://www.wilcoxassoc.com/perl/secure/login.pl

You will need to create a login but there is a nice front end program in there called start pcdimis. This may be what you are after.
                          Recently jumped from 3.5 Mr 2 CAD
                          to 2012 CAD++

Comment