q01x40 what is the smellrs hole you can check

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• q01x40 what is the smellrs hole you can check

i m checking a .06 hole but my retract is go to the other side of hole and then hits like a pinball .
    what can i do.

I'm going to take a deep breath, close this window, and walk away for a while to save the membership from my inquiries into what a "smellers hole" is.

In regards to the size thing when I used to do sheetmetal I checked locations on pilots done with a 60 drill (0.400 Nom). Again that was location only.

Craig
    <internet bumper sticker goes here>

Comment

Craig that is only because you know what a "smellers hole" is, thats what they have on them "pilots"
      sigpic

B&S Global 544
      Using 3.7mr3

Peace
      Greg

Nothin left ta dew but :) :) :) !

Comment

Smaller tip.
        Ask sheffield about the retract/ backoff thing
        Slow the CMM down.
        If you do alot of very small features, globally change the move/touch tolerance (machine settings under sheffield)

Look Here
        Links to my utilities for PCDMIS

Comment

Cristian,
          Put your pre-hit and retract numbers to 0. Put your check depth to 0. Use the "find hole option" and you should be good with this setup. After the small holes change your prehit/retract/check distance back to what you had previously.
          sigpic

James Mannes

Comment

Originally posted by JamesMannes View Post
            Cristian,
            Put your pre-hit and retract numbers to 0. Put your check depth to 0. Use the "find hole option" and you should be good with this setup. After the small holes change your prehit/retract/check distance back to what you had previously.
            If he has a Sheffield he has the backoff to contend with.

Comment

Originally posted by craiger_ny View Post
              If he has a Sheffield he has the backoff to contend with.
              You see, that is what I don't know. That is why I want him to call sheffield and find out definitively if that backoff in the controller is updated when the retract is adjusted. It might be now.

The other issue - which is not on the B&S machines is the move and touch tolerance in the machine's controllers. I think I saw a setting for that under sheffield in the Settings Editor of PCMDIS

Comment

I can't remember how that works would it be after the feature or after each hit? How about a move distance after the feature?
                sigpic

James Mannes

Comment

I can't remember how that works would it be after the feature or after each hit? How about a move distance after the feature?
                  In the controler, and it is after each hit. I am wondering if he is teaching and this is happening when he teaches. I do not know enough about Sheffield to help much other than do what J said.

Craig

Comment

The MovePosTolerance is set to 1mm in the registry. This may have to be tightened up?? But not sure.

Comment

I have a sheffield. When I change the retract, backoff changes too. I thought they were the same. When taking hits manually when writing a program without cad the retract has to be changed in the setup menu instead of parameter settings menu. You can set the prehit and retract as low as you want in parameter settings, but if you don't change them in the setup, F5, the probe will bounce back and forth in the hole like a pinball.
                      Sheffield Cordax RS-150
                      SMP-350
                      PCDMIS 3.7mr3

Comment

Originally posted by craiger_ny View Post
                        I'm going to take a deep breath, close this window, and walk away for a while to save the membership from my inquiries into what a "smellers hole" is.

In regards to the size thing when I used to do sheetmetal I checked locations on pilots done with a 60 drill (0.400 Nom). Again that was location only.

Craig
                        im sorry smallest

Comment

Originally posted by Gregl View Post
                          Craig that is only because you know what a "smellers hole" is, thats what they have on them "pilots"
                          sorry smaller ok

Comment

Cristian,
                            thank you ja mes

Comment

sorry smaller ok

Comment