about pcdmis to TXT problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• about pcdmis to TXT problem

How to convert the measurement result to TXT document automatically after the program finished?

I can export the result by "export " function in the file menu, but It causes a lot of inconvenience, how to write the program to convert the result into TXT document? thank you

I am assuming you need a specific format? There are many things that you could do but whether or not they match the format you need is another story.

Craig
    <internet bumper sticker goes here>

Comment

You can use the print option to print to an .rtf file. I don't believe .txt is an option. .rtf can be opened by word or wordpad.

Comment

You should be able to use the file write commands to write to a text file. If your goal is to import data into an SPC software or excel .RTF files won't work.
        I used to be high on life but I built up a tolerance.

Brown & Sharpe Global Advantage
        PCDMIS CAD++ v2011mr2
        PH10MQ/SP600M

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Underspec View Post
          You should be able to use the file write commands to write to a text file. If your goal is to import data into an SPC software or excel .RTF files won't work.
          How to use the file write commands to output all of measurent result? My goal is to import data into excel file. this excel file is a specfic format report. urgent!

Comment

My goal is to import data into excel file. this excel file is a specfic format report. urgent!
            The easiest way is to send it out to datapage, then save your data as an *.xls file. (file, save as) It will try to save it as a .txt file but you can change that to a .xls file. It will come up in excel automatically. As far as the code goes, I am not at work but I can post if you need on Monday. Just type "stat" and the first part will come up (this goes up top of your program) and at the end of your program you will need "stat/update". This is if you have datapage. Now you will have to make a database. Hit F9 inside you stat code and "add database". Add it as "C:\datapage\parts" for now. This will be the easiest, so anyone on this board can help after that. Do this before you try to run any parts or you will get an error. You MUST use a tracefield to get your data into datapage. If you need to code pm me or post here that you need it and I will post on Monday. Hope this helps.
            Last edited by WScmm; 12-16-2006, 08:18 AM.
            Dale
            v2011 MR1 CAD ++

Comment

export to txt

You DO NOT need a tracefield, I don't know where you got that Dale. You also don't need a stats/update command. Just hit F5 and click on save stats and always update buttons.

Why would you need a tracefield, unless you wanted to organize to specifics ?
              Jim Jewell

Comment

Ditto on the tracefield. They are cool and you might want to take advantage of it but is not required. Also I do not believe that defining a database in your stats command will create one if it does not exist. I believe you'll need to do that with Datapage, I could be wrong on that as I have not tried it.

Craig
                <internet bumper sticker goes here>

Comment

Craiger is correct. You must creat your database using the Datapage Editor or your stat will not update. The Editor auto-creates certain files that need to be in the database folder to work correctly.
                  sigpic GO LEAFS GO!!!

Stay true to your friends, 'cause they'll save you in the end.
                  -Sam Roberts

Comment

Insert / FILE I/O Command.

I haven't used it much at all. Reference the help file. You should be able to assign your measurements to variables and output that to a file.
                    I used to be high on life but I built up a tolerance.

Brown & Sharpe Global Advantage
                    PCDMIS CAD++ v2011mr2
                    PH10MQ/SP600M

sigpic

Comment

I only got DataPage and 2 of our 4 CMMs and for those 2 I use the SPC database or output to a txt file and import into XL in a delimited format.

Code for the text file is

FPTR =FILE/OPEN,C:\DATA\CMM3BLOCKRR.TXT,APPEND
                      ASSIGN/ALLVALS = CIR1.D + "," + CIR1.x + "," + CIR1.Y (and so forth until you either run out of character space or you have what data you need)
                      FILE/WRITELINE,FPTR,ALLVALS
                      FILE/CLOSE,FPTR

The SPC database works just as easy as you copy the database, open withMSAccess and the paste into XL.

Either way it takes just a few seconds longer than dumping data from DataPage.

Duane
                      Xcel & MicroVal Pfx & Global 37mr4 thru 2012mr1sp3
                      Contura Calypso 5.4

Lord, keep Your arm around my shoulder and Your hand over my mouth. Amen.

Comment

You DO NOT need a tracefield, I don't know where you got that Dale. You also don't need a stats/update command. Just hit F5 and click on save stats and always update buttons.

Why would you need a tracefield, unless you wanted to organize to specifics ?
                        Sorry Mr. Jewell, I didn't know they weren't needed. I use them in all my programs because I need to know what my printouts and stats relate too. I run so much stuff and so many different variations that I can't remember a week or 2 down the road. This way I can pull up that data and know what it is for and why I ran it. As far as the stats/update command, I am running several different programs a day and a lot of parts during the day. I really don't feel like hitting any more buttons then I have too. I run several different machines in my room and I am the only one running them. I want it quick, fast and right. I just seems easier for me to do it this way. I didn't mean to give out any wrong info.
                        Dale
                        v2011 MR1 CAD ++

Comment

Many thanks!!!
                          Dale, i need your program, my e-mail: [email protected]

my pc-dmis version is 3.5mr2 CAD++

Thanks again.

Comment