Assignments

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Assignments

Trying to get a angle from 2 cylinders measured, which that part is easy, but the angle I keep getting no matter how I call it out or measure it, is the largest angle which I need the reverse the small angle. When I was working in MM4 you could take that angle-add a little math functions to it and get the angle you need.

Ex. 2 lines give me the 150 degree angle I need the 30 degree angle so I would create cone1 = cone1.d-180 which would give me -30.00

So that's what I,m needing. I heard some one mention assignments will do that and I have no clue on how to use them.

Will someone for CHRISTMAS (since I'm not getting a bonus)give me a good in
    detail answer on how to use assignment and how to use them for a callout. I just need help. Examples help........
    sigpic

I think you might need to reverse the angles of your cylinder vectors. It is a pain in the but thing. I wish PCDMIS would report any angle you want instead of it depending on the measured or constructed feature vector.

Craig
    <internet bumper sticker goes here>

Comment

I always get the angle I want - not the complimentary angle - by putting the nominal in the field as I create the dimension.

That doesn't answer your question about assignments but it should give you the angle you are looking for.

Comment

AuRules; (Scott?) Check your Private Messages.
        Last edited by Don Meredith; 12-14-2006, 02:50 PM.
        v2013 MR1, v2015.1
        B&S Global 544, 555
        Mitutoyo A504 w/PC-DMIS

sigpic
        Since 1994

Never force anything. Get a bigger hammer.
        (Advice from my dad.)

Comment

Sent you back a reply in the private messages post, hope it is correct.
          sigpic

Comment

Still need help........Please............
            sigpic

Comment

Could you create a generic feature that reverses your vector(s)? The best solution would be to measure them in a manner that gives you the vector you need. I am assuming that is what is causing it. You are right it is a pain in the *** thing to have to do, it would be a nice feature to be able to select what angle you want. Best bet is to post some code. I think your problem should have an easy solution so if you throw some code up folks might jump on it.

Craig
              <internet bumper sticker goes here>

Comment

Here is what I do. Merry Christmas!
                I put the variable in red.

This is for a cone, it is dimensioned only on one side in the print.

Originally posted by CODE
                F1 =FEAT/CONE,RECT,OUT,LENG
                THEO/0,0,-0.1002,0,0,1,0.0277,3.2246,3.365
                ACTL/-0.0017,-0.0018,-0.097,0.0004667,0.0004347,0.9999998,0.0278,3.2154, 3.3668
                CONSTR/CONE,BF,PNT10,PNT11,PNT12,PNT13,PNT14,PNT15,PNT16, PNT17,PNT18,PNT19,PNT20,PNT21,PNT22,PNT23,,
                ASSIGN/V2 = ABS(180-F1.A.MEAS)/2
                F2 =GENERIC/NONE,DEPENDENT,RECT,OUT,$
                NOM/XYZ,0,0,0,$
                MEAS/XYZ,0,0,0,$
                NOM/IJK,0,0,1,$
                MEAS/IJK,0,0,1,$
                RADIUS/0,0,$
                ANGLE/20,V2,$
                DISTANCE/0,0
                DIM D26= LOCATION OF PLANE F2 UNITS=IN ,$
                GRAPH=OFF TEXT=OFF MULT=1.00 OUTPUT=BOTH
                AX NOMINAL +TOL -TOL MEAS OUTTOL
                A 20.0000 0.5000 0.5000 20.1365 0.0000 #
                END OF DIMENSION D26
                Last edited by John Kingston; 12-18-2006, 10:54 AM.
                When in doubt, post code. A second set of eyes might see something you missed.
                sigpic

Comment

So did inputting the nominal before you create the dimension not work?

Comment

Thanks for the help JOHN KINGSTON and all.... Will try it sometimes today and let ya'll know.
                    sigpic

Comment