Help file 2nd's as a shout down

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help file 2nd's as a shout down

Last edited by Tested; 12-14-2006, 04:04 PM.

I'm going with you installed internet explorer 7 between now and then. There was a thread or two about it yesterday.

Comment

http://pcdmisforum.com/showthread.php?t=3233
      sigpic
      Originally posted by AndersI
      I've got one from September 2006 (bug ticket) which has finally been fixed in 2013.

Comment

Originally posted by Matthew D. Hoedeman View Post
        Dang it Matt, you beat me to the link again!!! I got an answer in first though!

I forsee many many threads about this issue. Perhaps we should start bumping the original thread with the fix to the top frequently.

Perhaps Hexagon should have a mailing list where users can submit their e-mail address. That way when an issue like this comes up they could send out a mass e-mail notification.

Comment

From the PCDMIS help file

Troubleshooting the Help File
          This topic lists some common errors you may receive when viewing the online Help file.

When viewing a Dynamic Roadmap, you get a script error:

Make sure helpmap.ocx exists and is registered on your computer system. This ActiveX component is needed to view the dynamic roadmap. Re-installing PC-DMIS or manually registering this component should fix this problem.

To manually fix this problem,

Download the .ocx file from here:
          ftp://ftp.wilcoxassoc.com/docs/onlin...CX/helpmap.zip

Extract the helpmap.ocx file into the directory where your PC-DMIS executable resides.

Navigate in a Command Prompt window to the directory containing the .ocx file.

Type "regsvr32 helpmap.ocx".

When viewing a Dynamic Roadmap, the pop-up window doesn't display:

The dynamic roadmap only works with the Internet Explorer browser. On some computer systems, if you don't have Internet Explorer 6.0 or higher installed, the pop-up windows used in version 3.6 and later don't work and you may receive a script error.

To fix this problem, try installing the latest version of Internet Explorer with any patches or service packs.

Also, make sure an instance of PC-DMIS is running to view the roadmap.

When viewing a Dynamic Roadmap, a message appears telling you that it cannot display the menu roadmap because either PC-DMIS isn't running or the string isn't getting properly passed from PC-DMIS.

Make sure an instance of PC-DMIS is running. If you still get this error then there's a problem with the code used to query PC-DMIS for the dynamic roadmap display on that particular topic. Make a note of the topic title and the message and follow the proper technical support channels to get the problem resolved.
          Hope this helps,

Ive never had that problem before though. Yet.
          Mr. Comment
          SCIROCCO-NT 13-20-10
          B3C-LC Controller (Leitz Protocol), SP600M, TP200
          PCDMIS CAD++ v4.3 MR1(Build: 12/11/08)
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Goodluck View Post
            Dang it Matt, you beat me to the link again!!! I got an answer in first though!

I forsee many many threads about this issue. Perhaps we should start bumping the original thread with the fix to the top frequently.

Perhaps Hexagon should have a mailing list where users can submit their e-mail address. That way when an issue like this comes up they could send out a mass e-mail notification.
            Dang, man, that almost sounds like TECH SUPPORT to me!
            sigpic
            Originally posted by AndersI
            I've got one from September 2006 (bug ticket) which has finally been fixed in 2013.

Comment

So what happened to the similar threads thing at the bottom of the page? Is it gone for all threads or did this one just not generate any similar titles?

Comment

I requested to both Admin of this board and nkayWAI that they post stuff like this somewhere on this forum. No action yet. I now know of a Microsoft hotfix for SP2 and an I.E. 7 conflict that cause people problems. Anyone else know of anything that fits into the Pc-Dmis/Windoze conflict catagory. If the powers that be won't do it, we will just have to show a little more initiative in providing our own tech support by starting a conflict thread in the code section. I suppose if this trend continues, eventually we will have to write and release our own MRs and major releases and STILL pay THEM $$$$.$$ per year for the privledge of calling 1-800-343-7933!!!
                sigpic"Hated by Many, Loved by Few" _ A.B. - Stone brewery

Comment

Originally posted by Wes Cisco View Post
                  I requested to both Admin of this board and nkayWAI that they post stuff like this somewhere on this forum. No action yet. I now know of a Microsoft hotfix for SP2 and an I.E. 7 conflict that cause people problems. Anyone else know of anything that fits into the Pc-Dmis/Windoze conflict catagory. If the powers that be won't do it, we will just have to show a little more initiative in providing our own tech support by starting a conflict thread in the code section. I suppose if this trend continues, eventually we will have to write and release our own MRs and major releases and STILL pay THEM $$$$.$$ per year for the privledge of calling 1-800-343-7933!!!
                  You would think the Admin could at least post these sorts of things as a "sticky" note so that they would be at the top of the thread list.

Comment

If the powers that be won't do it, we will just have to show a little more initiative in providing our own tech support by starting a conflict thread in the code section. I suppose if this trend continues, eventually we will have to write and release our own MRs and major releases and STILL pay THEM $$$$.$$ per year for the privledge of calling 1-800-343-7933!!!
                    If we are going to start our own Tech Support why should we give it to ******** for free? I vote we take it to the other board. Post a link here and forget this place.

Bill

Comment

Originally posted by Bill McCafferty View Post
                      If we are going to start our own Tech Support why should we give it to ******** for free? I vote we take it to the other board. Post a link here and forget this place.

Bill
                      Amen Bill, they consider helpful information like this proprietary requiring an SMA to get it from them.

It also appears to me that we as a group are already doing the tech support.
                      Last edited by cmmguy; 12-14-2006, 03:23 PM.
                      Links to my utilities for PCDMIS

Comment

Uh Oh, Wes is riled up again. Do I get my "Thick as Brick" request now?!
                        When in doubt, post code. A second set of eyes might see something you missed.
                        sigpic

Comment

nkayWAI did contact me and a couple of days ago I did post a link to this fix on the Wilcox website here:
                          http://www.wilcoxassoc.com/home.htm

I can't do much about this board though as I'm not the admin...
                          Jared Hess - Techwriter @ WAI
                          [View 2008 Reporting Tutorials Here]

Comment

Jared, I greatly appreciate the help you and nkayWAI have offered here on numerous occasions. I should have been more specific than "no action". I realize it is up to Admin to find the best way to display this information or rely on us regulars to post the same info over and over whenever a new post pops up. When I said "no action" I meant in terms of creating a permant place on this board for software conflicts and the necessary links to patches/fixes/workarounds/etc.
                            sigpic"Hated by Many, Loved by Few" _ A.B. - Stone brewery

Comment

Really all they'd need to do is post a sticky with known reported bugs each of which would have an index or enumeration number. Then when we discover a workaround or fix we could post it and for the topic or somewhere in the body refer to the index number. Then it would be searchable.

I'm not going to enter the argument of the value of this board in regards to whom it bennefits more. Hexagon for saving tech support or us for having a sharing community. I'm in it for me and that would improve the resources at my disposal if I could see if the problem I have is a bug then do a search for the number that coresponded to it. Especially if I landed on a thread with more than one workaround or one that I could contribute to, all the more valuable.

We have seen though with the emergence of 4.0 that numbers don't work well in searches.

Craig
                              Last edited by craiger_ny; 12-14-2006, 04:13 PM.
                              <internet bumper sticker goes here>

Comment