CAD OFF SET

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CAD OFF SET

I need to off set CAD X=2000mm and Z=2000MM. Can anyone tell me how to do it please? Thanks,

Zoran

if your cad model is in car postition then you will want to do an iterative alingment to get pc-dmis to know where the part is on your plate. if your print is 2D then once you have the cad model locked into the part, using an iterative alignment, you can create your part alginment to match your 2D print.

Comment

You can offset your origin in the "alignment" under "Offset Distance"

either edit your existing alignment by adding this offset at the end of the list of alignment commands, or create a completely new one
      Which one gets ridden today? MPH vs MPG..tough choice, both are FUN
      sigpic

Starrett RGDC 4028-24 :alien:
      Demon vintages 3.7, 4.1, 4.2, 4.3, 2009

Comment

Originally posted by zoran
        I need to off set CAD X=2000mm and Z=2000MM. Can anyone tell me how to do it please? Thanks,

Zoran

without knowing what ver you are using....?

try the "make cad 3d" function in OPERATION>GRAPHICS DISPLAY>MAKE 3D

it isn't simple but it does work
        sigpiccall me "Plum Crazy"....but you only go around once!

Comment

Why do you need to offset your cad? Are you working with a fixture? I am confused as to how you are going to use this new origin.
          sigpicSummer Time. Gotta Love it!

Comment

I knew it would be confusing, I'll try to explain it. Ok here is why I need to off set the CAD. Our customer uses Cab coordinate system (for big trucks) which is 2000 mm off in X and Z direction from the CAD that I have. So, I don't have Cab CAD file and I need to measure points in their coordinate system. I did find the points they requested with CAD that I have and then off set the points for 2000 it worked fine, but I thought it would be easier to offset the CAD then going back in the program and off set each individual point for 2000. Right now all the measured features are 2000mm off from the CAD model that I have.

Comment

Why not just add shift to your alignment (offset distance -2000 in X & Z)
              If your using an iterative, you can add an additional alignment after to shift

Comment

play time needed

after you change the alignment, you will be prompted to allow the program to make the neccesary changes to match what you did to the alignment, answer yes, and your program following the alignment will be adjusted to the new origin

copy your program and make a test file that you can play with...so anything you do can be undone....play with the alignments, you will learn how easy it is to do what you want....take the time and play

bob
                Which one gets ridden today? MPH vs MPG..tough choice, both are FUN
                sigpic

Starrett RGDC 4028-24 :alien:
                Demon vintages 3.7, 4.1, 4.2, 4.3, 2009

Comment

I did offset alignment in the program,but after I found the points first in my CAD file, because for example in my CAD file X=2100 is 100 in their Cab coordinate system. So I can not find X =100mm in my CAD, that's why I need to offset CAD for -2000 in X and Z to find their points in CAD that I have.

Comment

Hit your F5 button witch will bring up the edit preferences menu. About 3/4 of the way down the menu are three boxes. Type in your offsets for the axis and hit the apply button.
                    Hope that helps

Comment

Do your alignment to CAD data positions, level, rotate, origins, offset origins and CAD=PART. Once you have the alignment created to CAD data, program all the check points they want checked, in the same file as the alignment. Once you have ALL the points programmed, simply change the offset values of the alignment by 2000 in X and 2000 in Z, and when it asks you if you want to update all the measurements, you tell it YES instead of NO, this is the only time that the YES will be used for the answer to that question. All the nominals will now be shifted the 2000 mm in each axis. Do this with a copy of the program so if you shift it wrong and can not get it back, you can go back to the original and try again.
                      sigpic
                      Originally posted by AndersI
                      I've got one from September 2006 (bug ticket) which has finally been fixed in 2013.

Comment