Graphics and Edit window vanish

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Graphics and Edit window vanish

Have PCDMIS ver 4. We have some programs that minimize or hide the Edit and Graphic windows while the program is running. All that shows is the Execution Mode Option Window. What / Where is the default window settings?

You should have a view saved off, simply right-click on the tool bar at the top, and left-click on WINDOW LAYOUT, then click on the one of the saved view (the name will pop-up if you hold the cursor over them) and once you do that, it should stay that way for that program, as long as you save when you are done running. Of course, this is V3.7MR3, I would certainly hope they didn't change that for V4.
    sigpic
    Originally posted by AndersI
    I've got one from September 2006 (bug ticket) which has finally been fixed in 2013.

Comment

Matt is correct. Also remember that there are two states when PC-DMIS stores your window settings. One for when you are programming your part and another for when you are executing PC-DMIS. To get the desired windows to appear during execution, you should stop execution, then turn on the windows you want shown (or click on a stored layout like Matt says). Then, the next time you execute a part program, PC-DMIS *should* show the windows that were previously visible during execution.
      Jared Hess - Techwriter @ WAI
      [View 2008 Reporting Tutorials Here]

Comment

As I was searching for the topic of Stored layout I found this old thread, maybe someone here could answer a question.
        The help file says that "Hovering your mouse over the icon shows the name of the stored layout." the name only pops up on the last stored layout icon for me, the preceeding icons do not display a popup of their names. Anyone else have this issue too?
        "It ain't those parts of the Bible that I can't understand that bother me, it is the parts that I do understand." Mark Twain

Comment

just start a new program... you can cal it "ERASE"

Put all the toolbars where you want them

go to "view" , "toolbars", "windows layouts", and make sure it is checked

Once you have things where you want them... within this toolbar click save... usually the third box from the left in the toolbar... and give it a name

It will appear as the last >> to the right icon

whenever things disappear just click that

One caveat... PC Dmis not dual monitor friendly <<<<

You may need to switch primary monitor

Comment

pcdmis works fine on a dual monitor setup.
            There are some things you need to remember though:
            You can't move the graphic window, that stays on the primary monitor along with the main application window.
            You can move the other windows (edit, reporting) to the second monitor with no issues.
            Roses are red
            Violets are glorious
            Don't try to sneak up
            On Oscar Pistorius.

MIL-TFP-41C

3.7mr3, 2012mr1, 2013mr1

Comment

Originally posted by ytilauq View Post
              just start a new program... you can cal it "ERASE"
              Put all the toolbars where you want them
              go to "view" , "toolbars", "windows layouts", and make sure it is checked
              Once you have things where you want them... within this toolbar click save... usually the third box from the left in the toolbar... and give it a name
              It will appear as the last >> to the right icon
              whenever things disappear just click that
              One caveat... PC Dmis not dual monitor friendly <<<<
              You may need to switch primary monitor
              Thanks, but I was just wondering about the apparent tool tip bug, if others have the same problem.
              I was thinking of actually trying to use this as it was intended , have some different layouts, and click them as convenient. What's NOT convenient is having to have a separate list taped to the monitor that says what the 2nd from the top or 3rd from the bottom layout button is about, because the tool tip only works for the last button.
              "It ain't those parts of the Bible that I can't understand that bother me, it is the parts that I do understand." Mark Twain

Comment

Same issue for me as well. The tooltips appear fine when the layouts are first created. But when you switch between layouts by actually clicking on the icons, the the tooltips go away for all but the last custom layout.

Comment

Originally posted by pwhitsa View Post
                  pcdmis works fine on a dual monitor setup.
                  There are some things you need to remember though:
                  You can't move the graphic window, that stays on the primary monitor along with the main application window.
                  You can move the other windows (edit, reporting) to the second monitor with no issues.
                  +1
                  but I can't move the reporting window no matter how much I try........only the edit window (Nvidia Quadro)
                  not that I want to. Edit window is fine by itself on the L/H monitor rotated 90°

Comment

Originally posted by JaredHess View Post
                    Same issue for me as well. The tooltips appear fine when the layouts are first created. But when you switch between layouts by actually clicking on the icons, the the tooltips go away for all but the last custom layout.
                    Will you file that as an issue, Jared?
                    PC-DMIS CAD++ 2o19 R1 SP11

Comment

Originally posted by vpt.se View Post
                      Will you file that as an issue, Jared?
                      Sorry, I'm not on the forums as much as I used to... Just saw this.
                      Anyway, I checked in the database, and it's already there under PCD-523. Regards.

Comment

No problem and thanks!
                        PC-DMIS CAD++ 2o19 R1 SP11

Comment