Software Issues

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Software Issues

I am currently using version 3.5 Maintenence release 1. I am attempting to import a solid model produced in Solidworks Version 7. It does not appear that is able to import the solid model as it is. I am guessing the newest version of solidworks and this old of a version is having conflicts. My question is this "Is an Iges format a better way to go? Are there any issues that anyone would know of with this method?" Thanks in advance.

Do you have the DCI or DCT option? No problems that I'm aware of otherwise. Use the IGES or Step.

Comment

I have vs3.2063, and have no problem with .igs or .stp files out of Solidworks 2007. Usually, I have better luck with .igs files.
      sigpic Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely, but rather a skid in broadside, totally worn, proclaiming WOW What a ride!

Comment

Importing problems

I tried to import the IGES file and the following error came up. I tried writing the program in inches and millimeters. Any ideas.

Robot Clamp.pdf

In case the attachment doesn't work. It says "Cannot add CAD data. Active program and CAD data have different units"

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

Comment

Metric Cad and inch program or vice versa
          Lately, it occurs to me
          What a long, strange trip it's been.

2017 R1 (Offline programming)

Comment