SCRIPTS suddenly quit working

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SCRIPTS suddenly quit working

I was trying some new BASIC scripts this morning when suddenly all scripts are now failing to run. Has anybody ever had that happen? None of my scripts work anymore. Ones I ran yesterday are not running today.

As I was trying to create a new scripts this morning, PC-DMIS gave me normal errors and I was fixing them until suddenly I got the message as listed in the attache file. Now I can not run ANY script anymore. I must have done something stupid, but I can not find what it is.

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks, Jan.
    Last edited by Jan d.; 08-29-2007, 11:07 AM.
    PC-DMIS/NC 2010MR3; 15 December 2010; running on 18 machine tools.
    Romer Infinite; PC-DMIS 2010 MR3; 15 December 2010.

Hmmm. I've never seen that happen before. The message in your screen shot doesn't tell us very much except that the Main routine on your script doesn't seem to be working. And this happens on all scripts? Possibly the automation library got deleted or corrupted.

I don't know what I can do to help, but possibly rebooting your computer would help? Or possibly resintalling the software if all else fails?

You might want to create simple test script with a single message box statement in it and see if that works. You can then more easily determine what is causing the problem...

If you still have problems, see if you can do something outside of the Basic Script Editor. Maybe a simple script using MS Excel's VBA for example and see if that works.
    Jared Hess - PC-DMIS Documentation Team Lead @ HMI
    [View 2008 Reporting Tutorials Here]

Comment

Happened to me too. My theory not being an IT person:

It was more than likely because we installed a version of visual basic that was older than the basic script software in PC D-MIS.
      Thus corrupting the basic script software in PC D-MIS.
      The problem was fixed when IT re-format the PC, reinstalled PC D-MIS.
      and did not re-install visual basic.

Comment

Re-installed PC-DMIS and no luck. Still have the error.

I also created a brand new program. And created a BASIC Script in it. A simple one that worked along the lines of something I successfully did before. And still, it will not execute. Get the same message all the time.

I guess that I may be in for a re-install of XP??????

Jan.

Comment

Originally posted by JaredHess View Post

If you still have problems, see if you can do something outside of the Basic Script Editor. Maybe a simple script using MS Excel's VBA for example and see if that works.

Did you try this yet? That would tell you (hopefully) if it is a PC-DMIS problem or a problem somewhere else in the computer.

Comment

try this

Not sure if this pertains to your situation, but I found that I can repeat it by removing my PCDLRN.TLB file from the PC-DMIS install folder. Perhaps yours got removed? Or corrupted?

If it exists, try deleting that file, then installing PC-DMIS again.

Comment

Originally posted by Goodluck View Post
              Did you try this yet? That would tell you (hopefully) if it is a PC-DMIS problem or a problem somewhere else in the computer.
              Yes, I tried this and it did not work. Then I re-loaded PC-DMIS. No luck yet. Cuirrently working on Don Ruggieri's suggestion.

Thanks for all your help!

Jan.

Comment

Originally posted by Jan d. View Post
                I was trying some new BASIC scripts this morning when suddenly all scripts are now failing to run. Has anybody ever had that happen? None of my scripts work anymore. Ones I ran yesterday are not running today.

As I was trying to create a new scripts this morning, PC-DMIS gave me normal errors and I was fixing them until suddenly I got the message as listed in the attache file. Now I can not run ANY script anymore. I must have done something stupid, but I can not find what it is.

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks, Jan.
                Same here. Can't run them on one machine now but can on another found that out a while back trying to debug one for Rangerboat I thought it was something I was doing so I tried a bunch of scripts that worked in the past for me and none work now. That's one heck of a bug. I was going to try a reinstall too.
                <internet bumper sticker goes here>

Comment

Hey Jan,

Here is where I started experiencing this problem. I don't know if it helps but I noticed that when I ran a script with a syntax error I could fix the .bas and rerun it but kept getting an error. If I exited the program and reopened it then it would run. That did not seem right to me but perhaps it was a precursor to this problem? I don't know I'm just hoping that every bit of info will help in solving this. Not that it'll do me any good I do not keep a current SMA so any fix I will not be entitled to. Eventually I could not run scripts at all. I want to say it all started with the SetVariableValue method. Eventually I reached a point where I can't run scripts. I am not sure if it is related but like I said you have to have as much info as possible.

Craig

Comment

Not sure if this applies but did MS download any update between the time scripts worked & they stopped working? What about any anti-virus software changes?

Comment

perhaps a solution?

Hi guys,
                      what also might affect the script-run (had a similar prob with scripts in hyperreports):
                      delete all files called "compile.bas" and "dbgcomp.bas", at the following places:
                      - PCDMISW-folder
                      - in the searchpath for partprogs (also subfolders)

i do this by each windows-start with a batch which contains e.g. the following lines:
                      del /F /S E:\Partprogs\compile.bas
                      del /F /S E:\Partprogs\dbgcomp.bas

Hope this might help
                      Cheers

Comment

Originally posted by SABarber View Post
                        Not sure if this applies but did MS download any update between the time scripts worked & they stopped working? What about any anti-virus software changes?
                        Nope, it's not even networked.

Comment

Originally posted by SABarber View Post
                          Good point. Mine is networked. I checked with my IT people and they claim nothing got installed in the last week.

I ran my programs flawlessly on December 2nd. They failed to run on December 5th. On December 5th, I tried to create a new little Script dealing with serial numbers. There is a peculiar issue with NC that I needed to solve. During the creation of this script I get these "error at line..." messages, eventhough the script was copied from a Hexagon example, word for word. The I started to make the program smaller and smaller until it just had a few lines left: Sub Main() and End Sub. That was the first time I saw the message I described before. Since then, I keep getting that message on every script I run.

My hunch is that the registry got corrupted while I was creating this new Script. But I am no ITcky, so it's just a shot in the dark.

My programs run fine, as long as I mark out the scripts. Which is OK for the time being, but will be unacceptable soon.

I had an extra dongle and installed it on another computer. I am developing the scripts now there.

Jan.

Comment

Originally posted by Jan d. View Post
                            I had an extra dongle and installed it on another computer. I am developing the scripts now there.

Jan.
                            EXTRA DONGLE!! How did you end up with that?

Comment

Ssssshttt, don't tell Hexagon.

Comment