Slow to respond to printer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Slow to respond to printer

I am using 4.1 with a 1.8 gig processor and 1 gig memory and after the program is finished it takes up to 1min 30 seconds to start printing my report any ideas on how to speed it up or is it time to get new computers?
    PH10MQ------ TP200
    CHAMELEON 15-30-10
    PCDMIS 2010

If you are printing through a serial cable (RS232?), that is more than likely your problem. Go to a USB cable and that should help.
    Welcome and please read the link near my siggy(I know you stated what version just hoping others will look).
    sigpic

James Mannes

Comment

I agree with James. Especially if your portlock is on the printer port and not a USB dongle. I had all kinds of trouble printing when the printer was plugged into my portlock and the portlock plugged into the computer. Sometimes it wouldn't print. Sometimes it would delay (like you are seeing). I couldn't run programs while printing. On and on and on. I switched to a USB printer and all those problems are gone.

Comment

That I have to agree with USB printer is the way to go. No problems here after I switched.
        sigpic
        if you had soap on a rope it would be tied to yer ankle

Comment

USB printer.

Ditto, ditto, & ditto. I would even get lock ups when printing through the dongle. 15 bucks for a USB cable was a WAY cheap fix.
          sigpic:eek: Bring out the comfy chair!:eek:

Comment

Do you have your CAD model active during the analyze? I found that for certain large models, the analysis-time can be very high. Just rename your model so PC-DMIS starts the program without it and you will see your processing time go way down.

Solved this problem for me.

Jan.
            PC-DMIS/NC 2010MR3; 15 December 2010; running on 18 machine tools.
            Romer Infinite; PC-DMIS 2010 MR3; 15 December 2010.

Comment