TP200 to SP600M

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TP200 to SP600M

I have 2 SP600M that I found in a drawer left from the previous cmm programmer. I would like some help on how to go from a TP200 to this scanning probe head. Which Preferences do I need to turn on/off...
    Other words I have no clue on the procedure needed to swap.....
    Please help in detail
    Attached Files
    Last edited by AuRules; 12-05-2006, 09:31 AM.
    sigpic

http://pcdmisforum.com/showthread.php?t=3139
    sigpic

James Mannes

Comment

AuRules, (wow, that is hard for me to say)
      As long as you matrix for your sp600 is in good shape you should be ok. You should have auto joints on you sp600 and tp200. Calibrate both heads at the same time, one right after the other and all the tips you want to use. I have 3 pucks for my sp600 and 3 modules for my sp600. I use them together often. I was having a problem w/ my sp600 holding calibration after I took it off the machine when I first started here and found out the matrix needed corrected. Once B&S calibrated my machine and redid the matrix I don't have any problems.

GO GATOR'S!!!
      PCDmis 3.5mr2 CAD++

Comment

james,
        you need to make that a part of your signature so that it isnt so much work next time

Aurules - does that mean you have bought a lot of gold recently and you are now waiting for the world to end??
        Links to my utilities for PCDMIS

Comment

Originally posted by cmmguy View Post
          james,
          you need to make that a part of your signature so that it isnt so much work next time

Aurules - does that mean you have bought a lot of gold recently and you are now waiting for the world to end??
          I thought it meant he likes Australian rules football.

Comment

Originally posted by Goodluck View Post
            I thought it meant he likes Australian rules football.
            Links to my utilities for PCDMIS

Comment

Thanks TRD_RACING for the little bit of info, and since I never even seen a
              SP600M in action I don't even know where to start.

The AuRULES is for all of the SEC football fans.......
              sigpic

Comment

Jeezzz..not HERE too?
                sigpicDF

The "NEW AND IMPROVED" Golden Rule!

Comment

As TDR said I would make sure that the lower matrix is done, when you go to the sp600m. It is in the probe calibration window. When you go to measure you should see lower matrix. Select it then follow the prompts. If it does not show up there is another setting that will need turned on but I can't find it, but if they have already used the sp600m then it should already be there for you when you open the calibration window.
                  Also you will need to go into parameters,settings,optional probe. There are several settings in this window. I'm not sure how most of them work or what they affect but mine are at.
                  Max force .30
                  Low force .05
                  Upper force .15
                  Trigger force .01
                  Return data 7
                  Return speed 1
                  Position accuracy 0.1
                  probing accuracy 0.1
                  Probe mode DFL
                  These are different from the defaults but this is where my support person at B&S said was optimum for my application. The parameters that I just gave you are what B&S are recomending now, after the sp600m was out a while and they discovered that the defaults were not optimum. I'm not saying that the ones that I gave you will be the best but it is someplace to start from.
                  Also I always put the optional probe command into my programs when I use the sp600m. It is not necessary to do this as once that PCDMIS has read that command those settings are always set, but I don't want to take any chances of them getting changed by another operator.
                  Time for the Trolls to leave.

Comment