auto plane

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• auto plane

how do i determine the diameter of a radial auto plane? i'm not working from a CAD model

IT's the spacer value on one of the tabs at the bottom - think it's a radial value
    Automettech - Automated Metrology Technology

Comment

brilliant, cheers. Dont suppose you know how i determine the start and end positions as well do you? I'm coming from using MCOSMOS to PC DMIS and its been a while

Comment

Originally posted by Samsdadmatt View Post
        brilliant, cheers. Dont suppose you know how i determine the start and end positions as well do you? I'm coming from using MCOSMOS to PC DMIS and its been a while
        Angle vector (top right of auto feature window)
        Automettech - Automated Metrology Technology

Comment

I believe you can't determine the start and end position on auto planes (don't know on 2015 and 2015.1).
          Like NB said, you can select the start with vector, but you must turn on 360°. You can't create an auto plane on a sector.

Comment

If you need to define the start and finish of a circular plane then you can using scans. You do not need a scanning head for this to work.

Go to insert/scan/circle in the drop down box "Type" select Plane, you can now set the start and finish of the plane. A scanning head makes this
            very quick but a TP20 trigger probe works just as well only slower.

Comment