Move increment works fine if you understand it

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Move increment works fine if you understand it

    I made a program and finally I took move increment (0,0,85) in MM. The CMM probe had enough space to go up so I took another move increment (0,0,50) again.
    Then, I put cursor at (0,0,50) and entered CTRL+E so probe moved up 50 mm.
    Then, I put cursor at (0,0,85) movepoint which is made by move increment and entered CTRL+E, but CMM probe head moved upward which is not right. Infact,
    (0,0,85) is lower than (0,0,50). I really don't know why it did, but it should not do that way. I am really safe because I do not use Move increment in any program. I ever just tried in one program.
    Last edited by Jignesh; 05-18-2016, 01:47 PM.

  • #2
    There is nothing wrong with MOVE/INCREMENT, you just don't appear to understand what it is doing.

    MOVE INCREMENT of 0,0,85 tells Pcdmis to move 85mm in Z, it does NOT tell it to move to Z85. Makes no difference where the probe is, it will move by 85mm in the Z axis.
    sigpic
    Originally posted by AndersI
    I've got one from September 2006 (bug ticket) which has finally been fixed in 2013.

    Comment


    • #3
      As Matt said, MOVE/INCREMENT does what it says. It moves by an amount equal to the increment you specify, in the axis you specify.
      "This is my word... and as such is beyond contestation."

      Comment


      • #4
        let's fast forward to the exhilaration of MOVE/ALL
        (you must be at least 5' 4" tall to ride)

        Comment


        • #5
          This is why I stick with clearplanes when I am around my part and move points to move up above my part as clearance and move/clearpoint as my final resting spot.

          I like my resting spot...it's comfy and calm (with a mini-fridge).

          Comment


          • #6
            Thread title changed for accuracy.

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by Jignesh View Post
              I made a program and finally I took move increment (0,0,85) in MM. The CMM probe had enough space to go up so I took another move increment (0,0,50) again.
              Then, I put cursor at (0,0,50) and entered CTRL+E so probe moved up 50 mm.
              Then, I put cursor at (0,0,85) movepoint which is made by move increment and entered CTRL+E, but CMM probe head moved upward which is not right. Infact,
              (0,0,85) is lower than (0,0,50). I really don't know why it did, but it should not do that way. I am really safe because I do not use Move increment in any program. I ever just tried in one program.
              How is 0,0,85 lower than 0,0,50? Or did you mean 0,0,85 was lower than where the probe was sitting at that time? (presumably NOT at 0,0,50)

              Comment


              • #8
                I'd just like to go on the record and say I've never had any problems with any of the "move" commands...Moveall included...use it frequently...My luck may run out in the future but so far, knock on wood, no issues...
                Sheffield Endeavor3 9.20.8, Tesastar-SM, Leitz LSP-X1s & LSP-X1M, PCDMIS 2011 MR1

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by Hi-Tech Redneck View Post
                  I'd just like to go on the record and say I've never had any problems with any of the "move" commands...Moveall included...use it frequently...My luck may run out in the future but so far, knock on wood, no issues...
                  I haven't had no issues as well. I use move increments all of the time. It's easier when programming offline rather than trying to guess movepoints. I know PC-DMIS has it's share of bugs but a lot of issues are program/programmer related.
                  Jesse Krook

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    For instance, I took a move point (-100,100,125). Then, I took Move increment (0,0,85). So probe went only 85 mm. up in Z+ and X,Y coordinate remained same.

                    Then, I took another Move increment (0,0,50). So probe went up furthemore 50 mm. up in Z+ direction.

                    I finished program now. I put cursor at (0,0,50) position and use CTRL+E to move probe at that position.

                    Then, I put cursor at (0,0,85) and use CTRL+E, but probe went up higher than (0,0,50) position eventhough (0,0,85) position is lower than (0,0,50) position in the program. It did not make sense because when I made Move points in the program and use CTRL+E at all move points, the probe did not move agressively, but it follwed the right way.
                    Last edited by Josh Carpenter; 05-19-2016, 12:45 PM.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by Jignesh View Post
                      For instance, I took a move point (-100,100,125). Then, I took Move increment (0,0,85). So probe went only 85 mm. up in Z+ and X,Y coordinate remained same.

                      Then, I took another Move increment (0,0,50). So probe went up furthemore 50 mm. up in Z+ direction.

                      I finished program now. I put cursor at (0,0,50) position and use CTRL+E to move probe at that position.

                      Then, I put cursor at (0,0,85) and use CTRL+E, but probe went up higher than (0,0,50) position eventhough (0,0,85) position is lower than (0,0,50) position in the program. It did not make sense because when I made Move points in the program and use CTRL+E at all move points, the probe did not move agressively, but it follwed the right way.
                      Jignesh, you need to understand the difference between Incremental and Absolute:

                      -> Incremental = treat current position as 0,0,0 and move specified amount in specified axis.

                      -> Absolute (regular move points) = move to a fixed address in current alignment coordinate system.

                      The behavior you witnessed is perfectly correct.
                      If you CTRL-E (0,0,85), then the probe will move 85mm up in Z from wherever it is.
                      If you CTRL-E (0,0,50), then the probe will move 50mm up in Z from wherever it is.

                      85 is not lower than 50.
                      85 is higher than 50, it is 35 more mm of movement.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Move increment will move the CMM whatever distance you specify, from wherever the machine currently is. It is how far you want to go XYZ, from where you are.

                        An increment of 85mm is a larger than an increment of 50mm.

                        Let's get a coffee from where you currently are (doesn't matter where you are).

                        MOVE/INCREMENT,<# OF STEPS TO COFFEE MACHINE IN THE DIRECTION OF COFFEE MACHINE>
                        Now you need sugar.
                        MOVE/INCREMENT,<# OF STEPS TO GET TO SUGAR FROM COFFEE MACHINE IN THE DIRECTION THAT THE SUGAR IS FROM THE COFFEE MACHINE>
                        back to the CMM
                        MOVE/INCREMENT,<# OF STEPS TO GET TO CMM FROM WHERE SUGAR IS KEPT IN THE DIRECTION THAT THE CMM IS FROM THE SUGAR>


                        Last edited by norkamus; 05-19-2016, 01:00 PM.
                        Nick
                        PC-DMIS 2015.1
                        DEA Scirocco-activ
                        TP20 stuck to a PH10MQ
                        Modified wheelie chair- slightly more comfortable

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by norkamus View Post
                          Move increment will move the CMM whatever distance you specify, from wherever the machine currently is. It is how far you want to go XYZ, from where you are.

                          An increment of 85mm is a larger than an increment of 50mm.

                          Let's get a coffee from where you currently are (doesn't matter where you are).

                          MOVE/INCREMENT,<# OF STEPS TO COFFEE MACHINE IN THE DIRECTION OF COFFEE MACHINE>
                          Now you need sugar.
                          MOVE/INCREMENT,<# OF STEPS TO GET TO SUGAR FROM COFFEE MACHINE IN THE DIRECTION THAT THE SUGAR IS FROM THE COFFEE MACHINE>
                          back to the CMM
                          MOVE/INCREMENT,<# OF STEPS TO GET TO CMM FROM WHERE SUGAR IS KEPT IN THE DIRECTION THAT THE CMM IS FROM THE SUGAR>


                          Just so you are aware: we are out of sugar.
                          Lately, it occurs to me
                          What a long, strange trip it's been.

                          2017 R1 (Offline programming)

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Just so you are aware: we are out of sugar.
                            Well then PC-DMIS has encountered an error and will now close.
                            Nick
                            PC-DMIS 2015.1
                            DEA Scirocco-activ
                            TP20 stuck to a PH10MQ
                            Modified wheelie chair- slightly more comfortable

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              There's more sugar in the supply closet. Hold on, I'll grab it.

                              MOVE/INCREMENT,<# OF STEPS TO SUPPLY CLOSET DOWN THE HALL>
                              *POSITION OUT OF TOLERANCE*

                              Aw crap!

                              Comment

                              Related Topics

                              Collapse

                              Working...
                              X