Feature ID in Graphics dispaly (PRG file)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Feature ID in Graphics dispaly (PRG file)

The Graphics display window always show feature ID such as I use DCPNT1 for vector point. I took from DCPNT40 to DCPNT121 on top surface to construct DATUM-A, but Graphics display window stopped showing feature ID from DCPNT95. Then, I made four holes such as DCCIR1, DCCIR2, DCCIR3, and DCCIR4. It did not show feature ID for Holes. It could be because Graphics display window was on while I was making program. Normally, I keep Report window on screen when I make program. I saved program and close it. Then, I opened file again, but it is not showing those feature IDs in Graphics display window.

Edit / graphics display / feature appearance. Make sure your "cursor" in the program is "below" the features you want to show tags for.

Comment

I placed the cursor below the features so I could see features in feature appearance. I selected features with display and label were ON. I clicked apply and OK, but Graphics display window is not showing features. It is only showing dots.

Comment

There is a limit to the number of labels that can be displayed, what that limit is will depend on the version you are using, BUT, in newer versions you can change the number that can be shown. Exactly where, I'm not sure, but now that I've jogged the memory of users, I'm sure someone will give the exact directions needed to increase the value
        sigpic
        Originally posted by AndersI
        I've got one from September 2006 (bug ticket) which has finally been fixed in 2013.

Comment

There is a limit on how many id labels will show in the graphics window at one time.
          Can't remember off hand what it is.
          Just hide the labels you're done working with and the new ones should appear (it at least worked in 2011).
          Last edited by bphillips; 05-11-2016, 07:25 AM. Reason: Matt beat me.
          I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you.

Comment

Originally posted by Matthew D. Hoedeman View Post
            There is a limit to the number of labels that can be displayed, what that limit is will depend on the version you are using, BUT, in newer versions you can change the number that can be shown. Exactly where, I'm not sure, but now that I've jogged the memory of users, I'm sure someone will give the exact directions needed to increase the value
            I remember needing to change this number a few years ago and it is in the settings editor, just can't remember what it is called. Not much help but it is a start.

Comment

Yes, the default limit is 100 per (possible) view in the graphics window. If you run Settings Editor and look for Option/TextBoxMaximumActive you will see the value 400 (that's four views x 100). If you need to see 200 labels in one view, set this value to 800. Setting it to zero will mean 'no limit', and the more you show, the slower screen updates...

Comment

What would be a good option to have is the ability to highlight a group of features in the Edit or Summary window and select show Highlighted features. Instead of selecting one at a time. Just another limitation of this software.

Comment

Originally posted by davehocum View Post
                  What would be a good option to have is the ability to highlight a group of features in the Edit or Summary window and select show Highlighted features. Instead of selecting one at a time. Just another limitation of this software.
                  If you use Schlag's suggestion you can click on the first one you want and press shift and click on the last one you want. This will select everything in between.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk
                  PC-DMIS 2016.0 SP8

Jeff

Comment

Try this,

Exit out of PC-DMIS.
                    Open Settings Editor (probably click on Start, All Programs, PC-DMIS).
                    Click on Find, type in TextBoxMaximumActive and click on Find Next.
                    In the Current Value box change the value to 0. Zero turns off the limit.
                    Click on Save Setting and Update Registry.
                    Click on close to get out of the settings editor.
                    Launch PC-DMIS.
                    sigpicIt's corona time!
                    737 Xcel Cad++ v2009MR1....SE HABLA ESPAƑOL

Comment

Originally posted by Schrocknroll View Post
                      If you use Schlag's suggestion you can click on the first one you want and press shift and click on the last one you want. This will select everything in between.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk
                      But, when you right click the highlighted features and select Highlight in CAD the software will only highlight the last selected feature.
                      Highlight in CAD.jpg

Comment

Thanks. I set the value to 0, and it worked! I appreciated all of you to help me.

Comment

But, when you right click the highlighted features and select Highlight in CAD the software will only highlight the last selected feature.
                          Schrocknroll's comment was (as clearly indicated) to Schlag's suggestion "Edit / graphics display / feature appearance", not directly in the Edit Window.
                          AndersI
                          SW support - Hexagon Metrology Nordic AB

Comment

Originally posted by AndersI View Post
                            Schrocknroll's comment was (as clearly indicated) to Schlag's suggestion "Edit / graphics display / feature appearance", not directly in the Edit Window.
                            True.
                            If the Highlight in CAD was able to Highlight group of selected feature to show Labels in the Graphic Display for the features of interest would be a nice option.

Comment

Originally posted by AndersI View Post
                              Also, the Text Box Maximum Active setting should be added to the Feature Appearance dialog window to adjust the limits.

Comment