Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Moving CMM

Good Morning
    We are planning on moving our CMM it is a Brown ans Sharpe Global Image we have 2 brackets that came with the machine but have no clue as to how they were on the machine does anyone out there have a picture of how these brackets on the machine. We have a call into B&S but knowing there response time we will proably get the picture a week after we move the machine and then they will charge us for it
    Since I gave up hope I feel much better !!!

I would suggest, very emphatically, to get a rigger in to move the machine.
    sigpic

James Mannes

Comment

I assume that a rigger is someone that moves these machines professionally?

Comment

Yes, a rigger is a professional machine mover. I have some pics of a global with the brackets on, but they are on my computer at home. I can post or email them this evening if that won't be too late. If you want PM me your email. HTH
        sigpic"Hated by Many, Loved by Few" _ A.B. - Stone brewery

Comment

The brackets are for stabilizing the Y axis, If you have 2 the other is for the Z. Look at the mounting holes on the brackets they should match up with fasteners on the respective axis of you machine.

Craig
          <internet bumper sticker goes here>

Comment

Hire someone who has moved CMM's before or have the OEM or qualified 3rd party come in to brace it properly with the brackets. It is cheap insurance
            Links to my utilities for PCDMIS

Comment

FYI, we had to move our machines a few weeks ago and misaligned the servo motor at the back of the machine due to improperly having 4 ppl push it. We got lucky and only paid $200 to fix it. Glad the bridge wasn't pushed by the monkeys.
              I used to be high on life but I built up a tolerance.

Brown & Sharpe Global Advantage
              PCDMIS CAD++ v2011mr2
              PH10MQ/SP600M

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Underspec View Post
                FYI, we had to move our machines a few weeks ago and misaligned the servo motor at the back of the machine due to improperly having 4 ppl push it. We got lucky and only paid $200 to fix it. Glad the bridge wasn't pushed by the monkeys.

Didn't think there was anything on the machine that wasn't $1000+ to fix

But do contact a pro to do it, that is what our company did. Better insurance than a SMA
                sigpic

B&S Global 544
                Using 3.7mr3

Peace
                Greg

Nothin left ta dew but :) :) :) !

Comment

Have had brown and sharpe come in twice to set up the machine for moving they put on the brackets and got everything set for the move. They came back after the move took everything off and reset the machine up. IT was painless with minimal down time. It just costs some money. It costs a lot more money to replace the CMM or to have them come in and try to repair things that might get broke in the move. Also you should recalibrate after the machine has been moved. The recalibration was part of the caging, uncaging and setup bill. I work on the edge of the machine tolerance cababilities and can not afford to have things twisted and bent. At least call Brown and Sharpe and get a quote.
                  Tolerance challenged ... Living in the world of unseen lines.

This software isn't buggy its an infestation

Comment

We moved an Xcel from a building a few miles away several months ago. A B&S service manager faxed me the diagrams for installing the brackets and talked me through the process on the phone. When the machine was parked in its new home, B&S came in and did the setup and calibration.
                    Whoever moves your CMM, be sure to get it calibrated after the move.
                    v2013 MR1, v2015.1
                    B&S Global 544, 555
                    Mitutoyo A504 w/PC-DMIS

sigpic
                    Since 1994

Never force anything. Get a bigger hammer.
                    (Advice from my dad.)

Comment

What Lee and Don said. Don't try this without professional help... Or you'll need a lot of it afterward.
                      PC-DMIS/NC 2010MR3; 15 December 2010; running on 18 machine tools.
                      Romer Infinite; PC-DMIS 2010 MR3; 15 December 2010.

Comment

It has been moved the company did not want to spend the extra cash to have B&S come in to move it just to calibrate it. Well we will see today if they messed anything up in the move.

Comment

Originally posted by Ken379128 View Post
                          It has been moved the company did not want to spend the extra cash to have B&S come in to move it just to calibrate it. Well we will see today if they messed anything up in the move.
                          So B&S has come or is coming in to calibrate?

Comment

They are coming in today sometime to calibrate it.

Comment

If they are only doing the ball-bar, MAKE SURE THE DISTANCE VALUES Pcdmis comes up with match the calibrated distance of the ball-bar unit, otherwise you are NOT going to be correctly calibrated.
                              sigpic
                              Originally posted by AndersI
                              I've got one from September 2006 (bug ticket) which has finally been fixed in 2013.

Comment