Reporting measured I,J & K vectors

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Reporting measured I,J & K vectors

I know. What does the customer really expect to gain from reporting the measured I, J and K vectors of surfaces and features of size when dealing with large prototype sheetmetal assemblies? But that is what they're asking for.

Using V3.5 MR2, I have no idea how to report that, other than checking textual (Analysis) "ON" in the dimensioning mode. I'm not even certain yet if those results are approach vectors or measured. I'll have to play around with it later when the machine is free.

Has anyone done this, or have any ideas?

Thanks in advance. Troy Tatters
    sigpic
    all throttle

I think it is simply a matter of reporting V in your dimension. You should be able to see what 'axis' you need to report the vectors when you open the DIM-LOC window.
    sigpic
    Originally posted by AndersI
    I've got one from September 2006 (bug ticket) which has finally been fixed in 2013.

Comment

Originally posted by Matthew D. Hoedeman View Post
      I think it is simply a matter of reporting V in your dimension. You should be able to see what 'axis' you need to report the vectors when you open the DIM-LOC window.
      We did a job for them last year, and that's exeactly what I did. It's not what they wanted, but I've heard nothing more about it.

We're starting another job for them now, and I just want to cover my bases so I can tell them what I can and can't do when they come to kickoff the job Monday A.M.
      sigpic
      all throttle

Comment

Originally posted by Troy Tatters View Post
        We did a job for them last year, and that's exeactly what I did. It's not what they wanted, but I've heard nothing more about it.

We're starting another job for them now, and I just want to cover my bases so I can tell them what I can and can't do when they come to kickoff the job Monday A.M.
        Well, are they asking for the VECTOR DEVIATION? IF so, that is simply the "T" axis for Vector, Surface and Edge points. In addition, you can also report the "S" axis for Edge points to report the Surface Deviation for the sample hit.
        sigpic
        I've got one from September 2006 (bug ticket) which has finally been fixed in 2013.

Comment

I'm going to have to wait until they visit on Monday to clean this up. Basically, All I know is that I reported the V (vector deviation) the last time we did work for them and they were not pleased, but didn't elaborate either. I do know that they will want IJK vectors reported from several features of size. (Through the project manager) But in what capacity or format rather, I don't know until I meet their engineer.

I'm just fishing, so when the customer says he wants measured IJK values for these features, reported in this way, I can hopefully tell the guy... Yeah! I can do that. No problem.

Thanks for the comebacks Matt.
          sigpic
          all throttle

Comment

I would be willing to bet dollars to doughnuts that they are looking for the deviation along the vector of the point, VECTOR DEVIATION, which is the T value.
            sigpic

Comment

I agree with Matt. You may need to explain the "T" value to them. I've attached B&S explanation. There is no reason I can think of to report the vectors unless they want to check you on your approach with their own equipment/CAD or write their own program using your numbers.
              Attached Files
              When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro. Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

Thanks,

At least I'm not alone in scratching my head over how they want their reports.
                sigpic
                all throttle

Comment

Sounds like they want to see the actual surface vector. I have a few customers who want this, it helps in reading the reports as to what direction the probe was going. I would show x,y,z,t,v

Comment