New???.... used machine!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New???.... used machine!!!

I was wondering if anyone has ever used a Reco Swift DEA A001 sorry if that is not enough info. We are waiting for it to be hooked up and do not even know what software is on it. Can PC DMIS 3.7 mr 2 and greater be used on this machine or will we be learning a whole new software? Also how is the machine to work with a pain in the a$$ or not to bad? Just trying to find out what I am in for, being I am only 6 months in to learning PC DMis and auto CMM's. Any input would be helpful.

Thanks
    Since I gave up hope I feel much better !!!

I think that you may have to call tech support and ask them.
    sigpic
    if you had soap on a rope it would be tied to yer ankle

Comment

Originally posted by Ken379128 View Post
      I was wondering if anyone has ever used a Reco Swift DEA A001 sorry if that is not enough info. We are waiting for it to be hooked up and do not even know what software is on it. Can PC DMIS 3.7 mr 2 and greater be used on this machine or will we be learning a whole new software? Also how is the machine to work with a pain in the a$$ or not to bad? Just trying to find out what I am in for, being I am only 6 months in to learning PC DMis and auto CMM's. Any input would be helpful.

Thanks

Is it manual or is it a DCC machine? In any case upgrading will probably be expensive.

I agree with Tom though: tech support will be the best first stop.

Jan.
      PC-DMIS/NC 2010MR3; 15 December 2010; running on 18 machine tools.
      Romer Infinite; PC-DMIS 2010 MR3; 15 December 2010.

Comment

I see two options:

1) Ask whoever arranged the purchase of the machine for the details of what they bought. It should show what the PC has on it.

B) Set up just the computer and search the drive. Then you will know if PC-DMIS is on the computer.

Also, DEA was bought out by B&S before the Hexagon thing, so there is a good chance it has PC-DMIS.
        When in doubt, post code. A second set of eyes might see something you missed.
        sigpic

Comment

The manager who picked it up has left the company and we will not have power till it is set up. Hope it does though I would hate to have to learn a new software :-)
          Since I gave up hope I feel much better !!!

Comment

The DEA Swift is actually a predecessor for the design on the Brown and Sharpe ONE as far as I have seen. At least that is kind of how it appears, kind of like the DEA Scirocco and a B&S Global.

At any rate, I know that PC-DMIS can be used on this machine as I have seen some used ones for sale with it, but, I would have to say definitely have the pc searched to find out if this particular machine is equipped with it.
            DCCFreak

Comment