Report vector and update vector for vector point in sheet metal option.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Report vector and update vector for vector point in sheet metal option.

We don't need to select values of Report vector and update vector for vector point in sheet metal piece. An enginner from our software company told me that I don't need to change values of these two vectors let it stay what the program is showing and she told me that it depends from which direction the probe is coming to take vector point. But I have a real question because both report vector and update vector show same value with sometimes and sometimes both values of coordinates are different. Can someone give me definition which could be understandable so I can watch probe motion and read coordinate values of both vectors at same time.

For a vector point, you set the value of approach vector, the measured point depends on the postion of the part and of the accuracy of the drifting.
    If you want to see values changing, you have to use surface point.

Comment

I saw using help in PCDMIS and understood by graphs. Actually I was taking move point right above first point of plane. That's why it was confusing to understand before. I took move point away from first point. Then probe came near by vector point at move avoidance distance to take hit of first vector point on new surface. So I could understand in which direction the probe is coming and I easily found the coordinate of update vector. Thanks.

Comment