XactMeasure and Changing nominals

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• XactMeasure and Changing nominals

I created a program offline and input all my nominal for true positions.
    When I loaded it up and ran an actual part all my nominal went crazy.

For instance one of my basics was .469 and it changed by itself to about 3.000.

Anyone know why this happened and how to avoid this?

I'm thinking it might have something to do with dimensioning multiple holes in 1 shot and it creates a feature set.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

I've notice this when I create a loop. When I report in Xactmeasure, if I report in legacy it doesn't do this. Xactmeasure goes back to where original Datums were established. Not sure about your case or how your measuring things. For instant I tell it to move 64.14 in "Y" my second piece has "X" as 0 and my "Y" as 64.14. But when I report it in legacy "X" is 0, and "Y" is 0
    Last edited by KIRBSTER269; 04-11-2016, 01:52 PM.
    (In Memory of my Loving wife, "Ronda" who I lost March 7, 2016. I love you baby.)
    They say "Nobody's Perfect." I must be Nobody.

Comment

can you put some code up?
      (In Memory of my Loving wife, "Ronda" who I lost March 7, 2016. I love you baby.)

Comment

Did you go into the advanced tab and set to current alignment vs. DRF? Also make sure the alignment you want to measure to is recalled.

Do a search here on the forums. Wes Cisco has a very informative write up about using X-Act Measure
        Jesse Krook

Comment

Originally posted by YGOLORTEM View Post
          Did you go into the advanced tab and set to current alignment vs. DRF? Also make sure the alignment you want to measure to is recalled.

Do a search here on the forums. Wes Cisco has a very informative write up about using X-Act Measure
          Yes. I did adjust my advanced tab.
          For some reason when I loaded up the program and ran it online, all my nominal went wacky.

Comment

FCFLOC1 =POSITION : CYL1,CYL2
            FEATCTRLFRAME/SHOWNOMS=NO,SHOWPARAMS=YES,SHOWEXPANDED=YES
            CADGRAPH=OFF,REPORTGRAPH=OFF,TEXT=OFF,MULT=10.00,A RROWDENSITY=100,OUTPUT=BOTH,UNITS=IN
            COMPOSITE=NO,FIT TO DATUMS=YES,DEV PERPEN CENTERLINE=ON,OUTPUT ALIGNMENT=Datum Reference Frame
            CUSTOMIZED DRF=NO
            STANDARDTYPE=ASME_Y14_5
            SIZE TOLERANCES/2,DIAMETER,0.0894,0.0045,0.0045
            PRIMARY DIMENSION/POSITION,DIAMETER,0.006,RFS,<PZ>,<len>,H,<dat>,<da t>
            SECONDARY DIMENSION/<Dim>,<tol>,<MC>,<dat>,<dat>,<dat>
            NOTE/FCFLOC1
            FEATURES/CYL1,CYL2,,
            FCFLOC2 =POSITION : CYL3,CYL4,CYL5,...
            CADGRAPH=OFF,REPORTGRAPH=OFF,TEXT=OFF,MULT=10.00,A RROWDENSITY=100,OUTPUT=BOTH,UNITS=IN
            COMPOSITE=NO,FIT TO DATUMS=YES,DEV PERPEN CENTERLINE=ON,OUTPUT ALIGNMENT=Datum Reference Frame
            CUSTOMIZED DRF=NO
            STANDARDTYPE=ASME_Y14_5
            SIZE TOLERANCES/4,DIAMETER,0.0702,0.0035,0.0035
            PRIMARY DIMENSION/POSITION,DIAMETER,0.004,RFS,<PZ>,<len>,H,<dat>,<da t>
            SECONDARY DIMENSION/<Dim>,<tol>,<MC>,H,<dat>,<dat>
            NOTE/FCFLOC2
            FEATURES/CYL3,CYL4,CYL5,CYL6,,
            FCFLOC3 =POSITION : CIR4,CIR6,CIR7
            CUSTOMIZED DRF=NO
            STANDARDTYPE=ASME_Y14_5
            SIZE TOLERANCES/3,DIAMETER,0.147,0.001,0.001
            PRIMARY DIMENSION/POSITION,DIAMETER,0.01,MMC,F,G,<dat>
            NOTE/FCFLOC3
            FEATURES/CIR4,CIR6,CIR7,,
            FCFLOC4 =POSITION : CYL9,CYL10,CYL11,...
            COMPOSITE=NO,FIT TO DATUMS=YES,DEV PERPEN CENTERLINE=ON,OUTPUT ALIGNMENT=Current Alignment
            CUSTOMIZED DRF=NO
            STANDARDTYPE=ASME_Y14_5
            SIZE TOLERANCES/4,DIAMETER,0.1091,0.0049,0.0049
            PRIMARY DIMENSION/POSITION,DIAMETER,0.004,RFS,<PZ>,<len>,A,RFS,C,<da t>
            SECONDARY DIMENSION/<Dim>,<tol>,<MC>,F,G,<dat>
            NOTE/FCFLOC4
            FEATURES/CYL9,CYL10,CYL11,CYL8,,
            FCFLOC5 =POSITION : CIR1,CIR2
            CUSTOMIZED DRF=NO
            STANDARDTYPE=ASME_Y14_5
            SIZE TOLERANCES/2,DIAMETER,0.3715,0.0025,0.0025
            PRIMARY DIMENSION/POSITION,DIAMETER,0.004,RFS,H,C,<dat>
            SECONDARY DIMENSION/<Dim>,<tol>,<MC>,A,RFS,C,<dat>
            NOTE/FCFLOC5
            FEATURES/CIR1,CIR2,,

Comment

http://www.pcdmisforum.com/showthrea...-class-summary

I believe this is what ygolortem is talking about, unfortunately this did not help my problem at all.

Comment

Originally posted by famousx1 View Post
                Code:
                fcfloc1 =position : Cyl1,cyl2
                            featctrlframe/shownoms=no,showparams=yes,showexpanded=yes
                            cadgraph=off,reportgraph=off,text=off,mult=10.00,arrowdensity=100,output=both,units=in
                            composite=no,fit to datums=yes,dev perpen centerline=on,output alignment=datum reference frame
                            customized drf=no
                            standardtype=asme_y14_5
                              size tolerances/2,diameter,0.0894,0.0045,0.0045
                              primary dimension/position,diameter,0.006,rfs,<pz>,<len>,h,<dat>,<dat>
                              secondary dimension/<dim>,<tol>,<mc>,<dat>,<dat>,<dat>
                              note/fcfloc1
                            features/cyl1,cyl2,,
                fcfloc2 =position : Cyl3,cyl4,cyl5,...
                            Featctrlframe/shownoms=no,showparams=yes,showexpanded=yes
                            cadgraph=off,reportgraph=off,text=off,mult=10.00,arrowdensity=100,output=both,units=in
                            composite=no,fit to datums=yes,dev perpen centerline=on,output alignment=datum reference frame
                            customized drf=no
                            standardtype=asme_y14_5
                              size tolerances/4,diameter,0.0702,0.0035,0.0035
                              primary dimension/position,diameter,0.004,rfs,<pz>,<len>,h,<dat>,<dat>
                              secondary dimension/<dim>,<tol>,<mc>,h,<dat>,<dat>
                              note/fcfloc2
                            features/cyl3,cyl4,cyl5,cyl6,,
                fcfloc3 =position : Cir4,cir6,cir7
                            customized drf=no
                            standardtype=asme_y14_5
                              size tolerances/3,diameter,0.147,0.001,0.001
                              primary dimension/position,diameter,0.01,mmc,f,g,<dat>
                              secondary dimension/<dim>,<tol>,<mc>,h,<dat>,<dat>
                              note/fcfloc3
                            features/cir4,cir6,cir7,,
                fcfloc4 =position : Cyl9,cyl10,cyl11,...
                            Featctrlframe/shownoms=no,showparams=yes,showexpanded=yes
                            composite=no,fit to datums=yes,dev perpen centerline=on,output alignment=current alignment
                            customized drf=no
                            standardtype=asme_y14_5
                              size tolerances/4,diameter,0.1091,0.0049,0.0049
                              primary dimension/position,diameter,0.004,rfs,<pz>,<len>,a,rfs,c,<dat>
                              secondary dimension/<dim>,<tol>,<mc>,f,g,<dat>
                              note/fcfloc4
                            features/cyl9,cyl10,cyl11,cyl8,,
                fcfloc5 =position : Cir1,cir2
                            customized drf=no
                            standardtype=asme_y14_5
                              size tolerances/2,diameter,0.3715,0.0025,0.0025
                              primary dimension/position,diameter,0.004,rfs,h,c,<dat>
                              secondary dimension/<dim>,<tol>,<mc>,a,rfs,c,<dat>
                              note/fcfloc5
                            features/cir1,cir2,,
                fify
                sigpic...engineering

Comment

Originally posted by FAMOUSX1 View Post
                  Yes. I did adjust my advanced tab.
                  For some reason when I loaded up the program and ran it online, all my nominal went wacky.

Appears to be true in one .....

Code:
                  FCFLOC1 =POSITION : CYL1,CYL2
                   COMPOSITE=NO,FIT TO DATUMS=YES,DEV PERPEN CENTERLINE=ON,OUTPUT ALIGNMENT=[COLOR="#FF0000"][B]Datum Reference Frame[/B][/COLOR] CUSTOMIZED DRF=NO
                   STANDARDTYPE=ASME_Y14_5
                   SIZE TOLERANCES/2,DIAMETER,0.0894,0.0045,0.0045
                   PRIMARY DIMENSION/POSITION,DIAMETER,0.006,RFS,<PZ>,<len>,H,<dat>,<da t>
                   SECONDARY DIMENSION/<Dim>,<tol>,<MC>,<dat>,<dat>,<dat>
                   NOTE/FCFLOC1
                   FEATURES/CYL1,CYL2,,
                   FCFLOC2 =POSITION : CYL3,CYL4,CYL5,...
                   COMPOSITE=NO,FIT TO DATUMS=YES,DEV PERPEN CENTERLINE=ON,OUTPUT ALIGNMENT=[COLOR="#FF0000"][B]Datum Reference Frame[/B][/COLOR]
                   CUSTOMIZED DRF=NO
                   STANDARDTYPE=ASME_Y14_5
                   SIZE TOLERANCES/4,DIAMETER,0.0702,0.0035,0.0035
                   PRIMARY DIMENSION/POSITION,DIAMETER,0.004,RFS,<PZ>,<len>,H,<dat>,<da t>
                   NOTE/FCFLOC2
                   FEATURES/CYL3,CYL4,CYL5,CYL6,,
                   FCFLOC3 =POSITION : CIR4,CIR6,CIR7
                   COMPOSITE=NO,FIT TO DATUMS=YES,DEV PERPEN CENTERLINE=ON,OUTPUT ALIGNMENT=[COLOR="#FF0000"][/COLOR][COLOR="#FF0000"][B]Datum Reference Frame[/B][/COLOR]
                   CUSTOMIZED DRF=NO
                   STANDARDTYPE=ASME_Y14_5
                   SIZE TOLERANCES/3,DIAMETER,0.147,0.001,0.001
                   PRIMARY DIMENSION/POSITION,DIAMETER,0.01,MMC,F,G,<dat>
                   NOTE/FCFLOC3
                   FEATURES/CIR4,CIR6,CIR7,,
                   FCFLOC4 =POSITION : CYL9,CYL10,CYL11,...
                   COMPOSITE=NO,FIT TO DATUMS=YES,DEV PERPEN CENTERLINE=ON,OUTPUT ALIGNMENT=[COLOR="#FF0000"][B][U]Current Alignment[/U][/B][/COLOR]
                   CUSTOMIZED DRF=NO
                   STANDARDTYPE=ASME_Y14_5
                   SIZE TOLERANCES/4,DIAMETER,0.1091,0.0049,0.0049
                   PRIMARY DIMENSION/POSITION,DIAMETER,0.004,RFS,<PZ>,<len>,A,RFS,C,<da t>
                   SECONDARY DIMENSION/<Dim>,<tol>,<MC>,F,G,<dat>
                   NOTE/FCFLOC4
                   FEATURES/CYL9,CYL10,CYL11,CYL8,,
                   FCFLOC5 =POSITION : CIR1,CIR2
                   COMPOSITE=NO,FIT TO DATUMS=YES,DEV PERPEN CENTERLINE=ON,OUTPUT ALIGNMENT=[COLOR="#FF0000"][B]Datum Reference Frame[/B][/COLOR]
                   CUSTOMIZED DRF=NO
                   STANDARDTYPE=ASME_Y14_5
                   SIZE TOLERANCES/2,DIAMETER,0.3715,0.0025,0.0025
                   PRIMARY DIMENSION/POSITION,DIAMETER,0.004,RFS,H,C,<dat>
                   SECONDARY DIMENSION/<Dim>,<tol>,<MC>,A,RFS,C,<dat>
                   NOTE/FCFLOC5
                   FEATURES/CIR1,CIR2,,
                  Again, make sure the alignment you are measuring to IS recalled and or make sure you are aligned to the datum scheme for the position call out.
                  Last edited by YGOLORTEM; 04-12-2016, 08:38 AM.
                  Jesse Krook

Comment

Originally posted by FAMOUSX1 View Post
                    I created a program offline and input all my nominal for true positions.
                    When I loaded it up and ran an actual part all my nominal went crazy.

For instance one of my basics was .469 and it changed by itself to about 3.000.

Anyone know why this happened and how to avoid this?

I'm thinking it might have something to do with dimensioning multiple holes in 1 shot and it creates a feature set.

Did this Basic change in the report of the dimension, or did your THEO change in the feature itself?

If the Basic as shown in the report is different then you have a datum scheme that does not match your alignment, therefore the Basics will of course be different - PC-DMIS will calculate them for you according to the alignment to the chosen datums that it builds inside the dimension.

If the THEOs of the features are changing then you have an entirely different problem.

Comment