Having problem calibration a star probe

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Having problem calibration a star probe

I been calibrating and measuring parts for quite some time with a star probe. I calibrate it using a dual sphere artifact in 3 different positions. I was hit with a task of writing a program for a new propeller hub that has 7 sockets and the inside step diameter would make my star probe shank out. So I created a new Star probe which is 6mm longer per tip. So I generated the tips with 3 new sets and I had to create a 4 set on my tip which is the common tip due to new star probe. When I went to locate(touch at the north pole) the 4 angle of the artifact it come up with a error after 3 locating points "Error in best fit calculations". Also when I close PCDMIS and open it back up my 4th angle of my artifact/tool is gone.
    sigpic

Did you check the diameter ?

Comment

Yes I did the diameter is .750000. Deleted that tool and rebuilt it twice. I notice as I manually touch the ball it takes 3 points and stops and comes up with the above error.
      sigpic

Comment

What probe do you use ?

Comment

I use a 50mm x 2.5 to locate all positions before a call up the star probe, it's getting the error on the 50mm x 2.5 stylus.
          sigpic

Comment

Sorry, I mean probe as tp20, sp600...
            Did you check the unit of diameter ?
            Can you post a screen copy ?

Comment

Sounds like there is too much force on the longer shank ? Dirt or damage on the probe tip? Loose connection?
              sigpicTAU ALPHA PI INDIANA DELTA CHAPTER
              "Due to the highly confidential nature of my job, I am not allowed to know what I am doing" - author unknown

Comment