v4.1 Issues, AGAIN...Woe Am I

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• v4.1 Issues, AGAIN...Woe Am I

Hi again guys! Firstly, I would like to thank each and everyone who provided input on my dilemma with the composite TP situation. All info was very helpful.

My colleague and I have encountered a couple items with v4.1 that we could use some expert help to resolve:

-A method of turning off the GD&T diameter output when measuring the location of a threaded hole. Seems that the function continues to reappear in the settings even after it has been changed and saved. Once the program is re-opened the diameter output is re-checked in the settings

-Another GD&T issue: How do you have the GD&T symbols not show up in the program when opening a PC_DMIS program?

-A case of my nominals on the inspection report not matching the nominals in the program...Has anyone seen this? If so, what have I done wrong or at what setting do I need to look?

If anyone has experienced these above-listed issues or if you are just plain smarter than PC_DMIS, lol, please, your input/insight would be most graciously appreciated.

Respectfully,
    Ron

Originally posted by PCDMISRON View Post
    -A method of turning off the GD&T diameter output when measuring the location of a threaded hole. Seems that the function continues to reappear in the settings even after it has been changed and saved. Once the program is re-opened the diameter output is re-checked in the settings
    Is already fixed in my Version. Will be fixed in V4.2.
    PC-DMIS/NC 2010MR3; 15 December 2010; running on 18 machine tools.
    Romer Infinite; PC-DMIS 2010 MR3; 15 December 2010.

Comment

-Another GD&T issue: How do you have the GD&T symbols not show up in the program when opening a PC_DMIS program?
      Can you be more specific on this one? Is in the edit window or the report window? Which symbols???

Jan.

Comment

GD&T Symbols

Actually, what is happening is that the symbols are slowing down the open of programs in PC_DMIS offline. In an offline seat a program can take of to 70 minutes to open depending on size and complexity, i.e., the number of GD&T symbols related to features, whereas the exact program will open at the online workstation in approximately 2 minutes...So instead of hiding the GD&T which will only be effective as long as the program is open, we are looking to just shutoff the symbols altogether for offline program access and re-activating them once program is at an online station.

Ron

Originally posted by Jan d. View Post
        Can you be more specific on this one? Is in the edit window or the report window? Which symbols???

Jan.

Comment

-A case of my nominals on the inspection report not matching the nominals in the program...Has anyone seen this? If so, what have I done wrong or at what setting do I need to look?

Respectfully,
          Ron
          Are you utilizing an alignment that incorporates a cast point created from an auto-vector point on the part? I noticed some irregularities with the reporting of TP when using XactMeasure TP and a cast point alignment.
          sigpic

James Mannes

Comment

Mis-Matching Nominals

Originally posted by JamesMannes View Post
            Are you utilizing an alignment that incorporates a cast point created from an auto-vector point on the part? I noticed some irregularities with the reporting of TP when using XactMeasure TP and a cast point alignment.
            James, we found the problem. We simply needed to turn off the 'default' setting of 'Fit-To-Datums'. Go figure, huh, the default settings actually generating the erroneous information.

Thanks, for your input.

Ron

Comment

Actually, what is happening is that the symbols are slowing down the open of programs in PC_DMIS offline. In an offline seat a program can take of to 70 minutes to open depending on size and complexity, i.e., the number of GD&T symbols related to features, whereas the exact program will open at the online workstation in approximately 2 minutes...So instead of hiding the GD&T which will only be effective as long as the program is open, we are looking to just shutoff the symbols altogether for offline program access and re-activating them once program is at an online station.

Ron
              Ron, this is interesting. I have noticed something else: when I run PC-DMIS using MicroSoft Remote Login (I run PC-DMIS from my desk, while the dongle is on the PC nextto the machine), I get a similar issue: when I try to edit the XactMeasure GD&T AT THE MACHINE, it open fast and you can do something with it. When I open an XactMeasure dimension over the remote line, it takes forever! A factor of 10 to 20 slower.

I bet these have something to do with each other. I reported this under PR243612. Maybe you can also call in and get this added to that PR.

They gave me some advice though, that did not help in my case: do you have the PCDMIS GD&T font loaded on both machines? Later when I am in my office I will try to find that message they sent to me about that. Maybe that is something you need to do.

It did not help in my case though.

Jan.

Comment

Slow Offline Program Opeing

Originally posted by Jan d. View Post
                Ron, this is interesting. I have noticed something else: when I run PC-DMIS using MicroSoft Remote Login (I run PC-DMIS from my desk, while the dongle is on the PC nextto the machine), I get a similar issue: when I try to edit the XactMeasure GD&T AT THE MACHINE, it open fast and you can do something with it. When I open an XactMeasure dimension over the remote line, it takes forever! A factor of 10 to 20 slower.

I bet these have something to do with each other. I reported this under PR243612. Maybe you can also call in and get this added to that PR.

They gave me some advice though, that did not help in my case: do you have the PCDMIS GD&T font loaded on both machines? Later when I am in my office I will try to find that message they sent to me about that. Maybe that is something you need to do.

It did not help in my case though.

Jan.
                Morning, Jan. Yes, there are GD&T fonts at the machine as well...Here is what one of my colleagues figured out. In the GEO settings of the software you can set the display to 24-bit, 32-bit, etc...Well the 24-bit setting allows for faster model rotation and slows down the loading of programs with large models while the 32-bit setting as you might expect allow for faster programs loading, but considerably slower manipulation of the model. I have a Hexagon guy at our site today I will give him a writen report to pass on to the support group.

Ron

Comment