analysis view; any way to include cad?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• analysis view; any way to include cad?

Code:
    ANALYSISVIEW/FEATURENAME,,

I've found that analysis views in reports are awesome. They help to identify features, and their condition. One thing that bugs me is that I cannot see the CAD along with the analysis in the report. This feature is like one step away from being perfect.

The only other option is to go through each dimension and "GRAPH=ON" and take a screenshot. This is just way too time consuming.

I'm praying that someone can guide me to a better way? Is there a way to have the CAD show up with each "ANALYSISVIEW/FEATURENAME,," command?
    Nick
    PC-DMIS 2015.1
    DEA Scirocco-activ
    TP20 stuck to a PH10MQ
    Modified wheelie chair- slightly more comfortable

I do not think so. What I have done is added a picture of the CAD model to the report so that when they are looking at the graphical analysis, they can see how the part is orientated with the origin.

You can do this with Insert -- Report Command -- Screen Capture...

Or play with viewsets and the screen capture.

Comment

Originally posted by bfire85 View Post

Or play with viewsets and the screen capture.
      I do this, its a bit fiddly if you are wanting to show lots of features. But all I do is turn graphical on on the dimension and then set up a viewset of the arrows on the graphic display window. Like I said fiddly if you have lots of features as a new viewset is required for each one but its a very simple process.

Comment

Originally posted by norkamus View Post

The only other option is to go through each dimension and "GRAPH=ON" and take a screenshot. This is just way too time consuming.

You could just print the graphics display window without doing the screenshot.

File>printing>print graphics display
        Jesse Krook

Comment

If you tick graphic analysis for the dimensions you want then use viewsets to orientate the graphics window as required, this ties in with the text and cad or cad only reports and should give you what you want.
          Automettech - Automated Metrology Technology

Comment

If you tick graphic analysis for the dimensions you want then use viewsets to orientate the graphics window as required, this ties in with the text and cad or cad only reports and should give you what you want.
            This requires that "graph=ON" for everything I want the analysis for, at all times. This can get messy when other features' lines overlay.

Is there any sound reason that the CAD cannot show up with the analysis command?
            Nick
            PC-DMIS 2015.1
            DEA Scirocco-activ
            TP20 stuck to a PH10MQ

Comment

Originally posted by norkamus View Post
              This requires that "graph=ON" for everything I want the analysis for, at all times. This can get messy when other features' lines overlay.

Is there any sound reason that the CAD cannot show up with the analysis command?

If you create an analysis view command anyway it switched Graph=On for the dimension anyway.

If you want to not tick it on in the dimensions dialogs (so you don't forget and leave it on for dimensions you're not bothered about) you could create an analysis command so it switched graph=on for the dims you want, then delete the analysis view command.

The reason for it not showing in the analysis view command is simply that's not how it's been made.

Comment

If you create an analysis view command anyway it switched Graph=On for the dimension anyway.
                This isn't my experience. Creating the analysis command outputs an analysis image in the report of your chosen dimension. It doesn't leave "graph=on" when after it's executed.

Maybe if Hexagon personnel are reading, this would be a great feature to consider....Adding the option to see the CAD in "ANALYSISVIEW/FEATURENAME,," report outputs.
                Nick
                PC-DMIS 2015.1
                DEA Scirocco-activ
                TP20 stuck to a PH10MQ

Comment

So is there any way to have PCDMIS turn graph=on, report an image, and then turn graph=off again? If I can get this to happen, all should be ok.

So like:

-recall a viewset showing only point A
                  -dimension of point A, graph=on
                  -dump screenshot of it to report
                  -somehow turn Profile dim A graph=off
                  -recall a viewset showing only point B
                  -dimension of point B, graph=on
                  -dump screenshot of it to report
                  -somehow turn Profile dim B graph=off
                  -and on....

This is necessary because I need to report the same feature in different alignments- so if graph remains on, for example, the lines overlap and create total nonsense. I desire to have the images output to the report automatically. I shiver at the idea of going through, dimension by dimension, turning graph=on and saving a screenshot (this, for each execution as well..). I need it all to happen in-line with reporting at the end of the program.

I really need help here. Reporting colorful pictures and arrows has been the most difficult and time consuming part by far, of programming CMM/ communicating results. I wish people would just take a minute to learn how to read a textual report. Frustrated.
                  Nick
                  PC-DMIS 2015.1
                  DEA Scirocco-activ
                  TP20 stuck to a PH10MQ

Comment

Code:
                      $$ YES,
                                  start of testing

ASSIGN/[COLOR="#FF0000"]G[/COLOR]="on"
                                  ASSIGN/[COLOR="#00FF00"]OP[/COLOR]="BOTH"
                    X1           =LABEL/
                      DIM POS_CIR = POSITION OF CIRCLE CIR_FAR_D  UNITS=MM ,$
                      [COLOR="#FF0000"]GRAPH=G[/COLOR]  TEXT=OFF  MULT=20.00  [COLOR="#00FF00"]OUTPUT=OP[/COLOR]  FIT TO DATUMS=OFF  DEV PERPEN CENTERLINE=ON  DISPLAY=RADIUS
                      AX    NOMINAL       +TOL       -TOL      BONUS       MEAS     OUTTOL
                      X     -80.206                                     -80.292           
                      Z      29.177                                      29.049           
                      DF      8.000      0.100      0.100                 7.986      0.000 ---#---
                      TP        RFS      0.600                 0.000      0.157      0.000 -#-----
                      END OF DIMENSION ITEM49_CIR_FAR_D
                                  IF_GOTO/[COLOR="#FF0000"]G[/COLOR]=="OFF",GOTO = NEXXT
                                  DISPLAY/METAFILE, "scrnshot", TO FIT, GOOD
                                  ASSIGN/[COLOR="#FF0000"]G[/COLOR]="OFF"
                                  ASSIGN/[COLOR="#00FF00"]OP[/COLOR]="NONE"
                                GOTO/X1
                    NEXXT      =LABEL/
                                COMMENT/OPER,YES,FULL SCREEN=NO,AUTO-CONTINUE=YES,TIME DELAY=3,
                                Next feature
                    I am still all ears for a good method, but I have found the above bit works for what I'm trying to accomplish. I just need to find a good/ easy way to deploy it. (It'll be tedious to wrap all my dimensions with that code)
                    Nick
                    PC-DMIS 2015.1
                    DEA Scirocco-activ
                    TP20 stuck to a PH10MQ

Comment

norkamus, i feel your pain about analysis view. many suggestions have been made. meantime, we can only push on with what is given.
                      (although i have heard for snappy reporting that the calypso is the cat's pajamas... )

Comment

It is real pain then right? I'm not entirely crazy, like I'm the only one who has these ridiculous reporting requests made of them?
                        Nick
                        PC-DMIS 2015.1
                        DEA Scirocco-activ
                        TP20 stuck to a PH10MQ

Comment

Originally posted by ClayT
                          I'm fighting a similar battle reporting for one of our customers.
                          The customer wants text for the few dimensions on their drawing.
                          Then they want a generic 0.010|A|B|C position or profile for the entire CAD model, with screen shots showing point position, etc.

I end up making three programs... well, the same program three different ways.
                          1. TextOnly for Blueprint dimensions.
                          2. GraphicAnalysis for profiles.
                          3. GraphicAnalysis for location, features of size.

I'm toying with how to associate three (or more) report templates with one program so I don't have to run the program three times.
                          I haven't played with PRINT/REPORT much. Maybe there is a way to toggle them on and off in the program. Then I can have all the dimensions in one program and print 1, 2, and 3 separately...
                          Entirely!

You can add sections to a report, each section can continue from the previous commands, or start from scratch in effect.

I've proven concept for reports which...

Split report into dimension type (think I did all other dims followed by T Vals)
                          Split report by dim prefix (so blueprint dims were prefixed DIM, manufacturing dims were prefixed MAN and Critical to quality were prefixed CR and it's churn out three reports!

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaBadger View Post
                            Entirely!

You can add sections to a report,
                            Can you please elaborate a little about sections?
                            Nick
                            PC-DMIS 2015.1
                            DEA Scirocco-activ
                            TP20 stuck to a PH10MQ

Comment

The REPORT/TEMPLATE command can be used to either SWITCH the template or INSERT a template.
                              SWITCH will use any commands executed after the SWITCH to populate template.
                              INSERT will take all commands executed up to that point to populate the template.

So in theory you could decide report type to generate at the end.
                              You can use the PRINT command with no output to flush the current report (empty it) so you will just get the INSERTed report template. Followed by a decision as to what template to use.
                              Followed by either another PRINT command or let pcdmis print naturally at the end of execution.

Comment