//angled calibration sphere//

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• //angled calibration sphere//

Anyone know why anyone would need an angled calibration sphere? My company has one and I want to replace it with a regular vertical calibration sphere!
    Brown & Sharpe 7-10-7
    PC DMIS CAD++ 2013
    Renishaw

If it has 2 spheres it is needed for calibrating a star probe in various angle configurations as a single ball won't accomplish all angles without shanking out.

Comment

Oh okay thx I never need to use a star probe, I just use a disc probe instead. Other than that no need for an angled calibration sphere right?
      Brown & Sharpe 7-10-7
      PC DMIS CAD++ 2013
      Renishaw

Comment

Not that I know of.

Comment

I use the angled sphere if I have to calibrate a right angle probe where the tip is facing up.
          Scott Staral
          Layout Tech.
          Wisconsin Aluminum Foundry

Comment

After reading your post. It may have clear my problem.
            When I am calibrating the probe has been shanking on the post of the calibration sphere. its a sharp angle, if that makes any sense. if I were to guess um, A-115, B90. almost facing all the way up. Its a vertical small sphere .663, just a guess. But when I change it to the 1 inch sphere it doesn't shank. Could it be best to use a angle calibration sphere as FUNKWAT? or do I have a different issue?

Also, would I be getting a wrist angel error if the probe is facing all the way up?
            Last edited by ProbFlex; 01-14-2021, 10:34 AM.

Comment