Programming offline

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Programming offline

Does anyone know what file extension you have to rename in order to open an existing program offline so I don't have to turn on the controller. Thanks in advance.
    Global Status 12-22-10
    Global Performance 9-15-8
    CAD++ 2015.1_SP7

Originally posted by Randy L.
    Does anyone know what file extension you have to rename in order to open an existing program offline so I don't have to turn on the controller. Thanks in advance.

prior to 3.6 only it is interfac.dll
    rename temporary to .000dll
    or whatever you like then change it back

this has been posted before and is not B&S approved
    sigpiccall me "Plum Crazy"....but you only go around once!

Comment

I don't understand why not just pull down the interface tab and select offline?
      sigpicRAH
      B&S GI 10-7-10
      PH10MQ-SP600M
      3.7 MR3

Comment

Originally posted by Dick Helm
        I don't understand why not just pull down the interface tab and select offline?

please elaborate...

I am using 3.5 mr2 and don't recall the interface tab you speak of

thanks

Mike

Comment

I'm using 3.6 and when you choose open program there is a interface pulldown menu with offline as a option.

Comment

Yeah, it is File\Open then pull down on interface block
            sigpicRAH
            B&S GI 10-7-10
            PH10MQ-SP600M
            3.7 MR3

Comment

Originally posted by Dick Helm
              Yeah, it is File\Open then pull down on interface block

got it here too in 3.5 mr2..........I fogot about that one

I do believe that this might be a "enabled" option in the dongle
              where as if you don't have it the previously mentioned option is the way to go...or so i'm told

thanks

Comment

The origional posting was what he had to rename so that he didn't have to turn on the controller and home the machine. Maybe they have the air off, or he is planning on being there when the air is off and he still needs to get into Pcdmis. The the machine CAN'T run, then turning on the controller does no good, so he wants to know HOW he can run Pcdmis with the controller OFF. PRE V3.6, you rename teh INTERFAC.DLL file to anything else (I usually do with INTERFAC.CLL), then when you open Pcdmis, it will behave like it is offline. This only works PRE V3.6, but I am not sure how far back it will work.
                sigpic
                Originally posted by AndersI
                I've got one from September 2006 (bug ticket) which has finally been fixed in 2013.

Comment

ahhhhhh..... noting this in my pc-dmis forum note book for future reference, I'm sure I'll need this at one time or another.

Comment

In 3.7 MR3 when the controller is off and I try 'open' nothing happens.
                    If I start a 'new' program I am in but can not open an existing program.
                    whats with that!

Thomas (short on air)

Comment

Originally posted by Thomas Phillips
                      In 3.7 MR3 when the controller is off and I try 'open' nothing happens.
                      If I start a 'new' program I am in but can not open an existing program.
                      whats with that!

Thomas (short on air)

That is a fix applied by big brother so we pay for "offline"
                      I believe that you could create a new and save it to be opened later when the machine is "online"

give it a try

It works like that in 4.0 also

Comment