default startup

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• default startup

I recently returned from hexagons 201 class and noticed that upon file > New the start up has the prefit & retract parameters

set for every new program without the use of a seed program. I have also seen this at other locations. I am using 2015.1

and would like to set this as my default if possible, what am I missing?

Thanks All!
    Last edited by Josh Carpenter; 02-10-2016, 04:04 PM.

F10
    Motion tab
    Enter your favorite values
    Press "Default" button - this saves those as your new defaults.
    Be aware that this runs contrary to every other software in the known civilized universe where pressing Default loads default settings, not saves them.
    Done.

Comment

You can go into your Settings Editor/Connect/Find PrehitDistance and set your values there. So every time you make a new program it will automatically go by your new values. RetractDistance is right below it.
      (In Memory of my Loving wife, "Ronda" who I lost March 7, 2016. I love you baby.)
      They say "Nobody's Perfect." I must be Nobody.

Comment

Related Topics

Collapse

• 2girlie
        Probe readout
        by 2girlie
        How do I change the probe readout to default to "show current position" with every new program?

04-09-2008, 01:17 PM
      • jkb_mcg
        New program
        by jkb_mcg
        Every time I start a new program the following info is displayed on the edit screen:

PREHIT/.25
        RETRACT/.25
        MOVESPEED/40...
        06-11-2008, 04:09 PM
      • DaddyBluto
        Default "New" Program
        by DaddyBluto
        This may sound like a n00b question, but is there a way to set what lines show up at the beginning of a program when you start a new program. I have worked...
        04-11-2008, 04:23 PM
      • TKOFaith
        Default Dimension Parameters
        by TKOFaith
        When dimensioning features using "Location" the checkbox "Auto" is always selected. Is there a way to have this unchecked by default?...
        09-02-2015, 09:52 AM
      • mikold
        Settings reset
        by mikold
        On one of the machines we are running 3.7 mr3 with STI. When I set the report commands to lets say only report comments and all dimensions in text only....
        04-30-2008, 01:57 PM
      Working...
      X