Multiple Models In One Program

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Multiple Models In One Program

Is it possible to import a model of a fixture and also a model of a part into the same program and tie them together in the way that the part would sit on the fixture? Thank you.

Originally posted by sfield View Post
    Is it possible to import a model of a fixture and also a model of a part into the same program and tie them together in the way that the part would sit on the fixture? Thank you.

You can actually build fixtures and pc-dmis will recognise them as such (i.e. you can't click on them to define features (i don't think) but they'll be recognised i terms of collision detection.

Are you using swift-fix type kit, or is it a custom fixture?

Insert>Hardware Defnition>Quick Fixture should get you started.
    Automettech - Automated Metrology Technology

Comment

If you want to create any measured features on the fixture don't use Quick Fixture. Use Transform in the Cad Assembly dialog window instead to move the fixture to the part.

Comment

To answer your question directly. Yes. You can import as many models as you need. After you have all of the models imported (by clicking "Yes" to combine models), go to the Cad Assembly (icon that looks like a blue and gray rubix cube), and right click on the model to transform that model individually. You can also, as stated above, import fixtures. Both will accomplish pretty much the same thing

Hope this helps

Comment