Hit targets moving after hitting "create:

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hit targets moving after hitting "create:

Ok...this is a minor issue that is really driving me nuts. Most of the time with the demon....you learn its actually YOU creating your own problems. Hopefully some can shed some light on this.

During the creation of an auto circle or auto cylinder, i spend the meticulous time getting the exact depth, sample hit location and so on.....

Then the minute I hit create....the hit targets shift upward. For example, I create the hit targets below a chamfer....double check it....hit create...and my depth ends up measuring that **** chamfer I spent 2 minutes avoiding. So, I F9 the feature and sure enough my targets are shifted. I redo them....hit create and BAM....perfect execution.

Ive seen this on 2014.1 but i am using 2012 MR1 mostly. Any ideas?

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

I often create features with "actual" values (or default values, those which are in the window when you open it), and change them in the edit window...

Comment

Originally posted by ShankCrusher View Post
      Ok...this is a minor issue that is really driving me nuts. Most of the time with the demon....you learn its actually YOU creating your own problems. Hopefully some can shed some light on this.

During the creation of an auto circle or auto cylinder, i spend the meticulous time getting the exact depth, sample hit location and so on.....

Then the minute I hit create....the hit targets shift upward. For example, I create the hit targets below a chamfer....double check it....hit create...and my depth ends up measuring that **** chamfer I spent 2 minutes avoiding. So, I F9 the feature and sure enough my targets are shifted. I redo them....hit create and BAM....perfect execution.

Ive seen this on 2014.1 but i am using 2012 MR1 mostly. Any ideas?

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Check your Angle Vector isn't the same as you Surface Vector

Also check that the warning about resetting modified hit targets (can't remember the exact warning) hasn't been switched off (with the incorrect answer set as default).
      Automettech - Automated Metrology Technology

Comment