Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 3.7mr3 users...HELP!

Hi all,

Loaded 3.7mr3 a few days ago. Ran several existing programs (from 3.5mr2) flawlessly.

Today started the first fresh program in 3.7mr3. Alignment (w/cad) went fine, solved ok and all was as it should be. Went to pick my first vector point and the program froze up. The EXECUTION MODE OPTIONS screen came up but was all gray. The graphic screen & edit screen went white and nothing will move/drag and no buttons will activate.

I must ctrl/alt/delete and PCDmis says "not responding" so I end task and start over. I open the program, run through the alignment, again just fine, and same thing happens whenever I try and create a point.

Any ideas????
    Last edited by dfiola66; 03-31-2006, 01:18 PM.
    sigpicDF

The "NEW AND IMPROVED" Golden Rule!

To start with I would reboot it all.
    sigpicRAH
    B&S GI 10-7-10
    PH10MQ-SP600M
    3.7 MR3

Comment

I had the same issue just last week using mr2, I had to delete the file and start over. It worked the second time. I chalked it up to a bad CAD translation.
      James Temmen

There is no job so simple that it can't be done wrong.

Comment

bad translation?

Originally posted by J Temmen
        I had the same issue just last week using mr2, I had to delete the file and start over. It worked the second time. I chalked it up to a bad CAD translation.
        Hey James,

Did a reboot and still same result.

When you say bad cad translation and deleted the file, did you use a cad reference file, regular cad file? And what did you delete? The program and start from scratch? Reimport the cad file and replace the other? And would it go through the alignment process but not measure points?

Thanks for the help!!!
        sigpicDF

Comment

I didn't shut down, I simply deleted the prg and cad files then started over with new program and new cad import.
          James Temmen

There is no job so simple that it can't be done wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by J Temmen
            I didn't shut down, I simply deleted the prg and cad files then started over with new program and new cad import.
            OK....I'll give that a whirl since nothing else is helping...

a bit discouraging as I've never had this issue running 3.5mr2 in over 2 years.

I'll post the results after lunch....

sigpicDF

Comment

OK...it's after lunch and I've deleted the old program and cad file. I've started from scratch, reimported the cad file and did the exact alignment again....all good.

I go to measure my first point and bam....freezes again.

I'll be pluggin' away....but any and all suggestions would be appreciated.
              sigpicDF

Comment

Deleted that program and cad data again. Next, I started another new program, loaded the native iges file from our customer, did an iterative alignment (which works fine all the way through).

The next step is to start picking and measuring points but I when I do, it freezes...every friggin time. I've used cad reference, cad, iges and all with same results.

Could there be any interference with having 3.5mr2 still on my machine? Matt has many versions and has no issues from what I understand.

This is the main reason I resisted "upgrading" to a newer version.....and the guys here just look at you like you're an idiot....I hate this stuff.
                sigpicDF

Comment

No residual 3.5

We are a new installation of 3.7MR2 (about 10 days). We have no previous experience with PCDMIS. The same thing has been happening to us as we try to create a "move to" point." There was no CAD file imported. No previous version of PCDMIS.

One technician went for training last week, so we are really newbies. We chalked up the freezing of the software to our lack of experience. But now it seems as though this may be a systemic problem.

The instructor from last week's training has yet to get back to us. We haven't paid for the software yet so does anyone have a suggestion on the version of software we should be pressing for?

Bruno

Comment

DEAD IN THE WATER...

Any ideas would be appreciated....got a call into tech support but who knows...

sigpicDF

Comment

well....

Originally posted by Bruno2
                      We are a new installation of 3.7MR2 (about 10 days). We have no previous experience with PCDMIS. The same thing has been happening to us as we try to create a "move to" point." There was no CAD file imported. No previous version of PCDMIS.

One technician went for training last week, so we are really newbies. We chalked up the freezing of the software to our lack of experience. But now it seems as though this may be a systemic problem.

The instructor from last week's training has yet to get back to us. We haven't paid for the software yet so does anyone have a suggestion on the version of software we should be pressing for?

Bruno

We here are upgrading to Windows XP and I had 3.5mr2 on this machine with Windows 2k and it's not supposed to run well on XP so I was forced to move to 3.7mr3 as I've heard/read that was pretty stable.

I had NO HICCUPS with 3.5mr2 and hated even entertaining the thought of moving "up" and now I know why. I am literally dead in the water because after setting up my alignment, I cannot do a thing without crashing the software.

As newbies, stick to this board like glue...it'll save you time, money, sanity.

Welcome.
                      sigpicDF

Comment

No kidding, I am running 2 versions as we talk today (not at the same time), V3.5 no MR and V3.7 MR3. The program I am running in V3.5 no MR is a customer supplied program that they wrote in V3.5 MR3 (I saved it back to no MR from V3.7 MR3) and then had to re-program the entire thing for all intents and purposes (they did not have a clue as to what they were doing!) as it was entirely FUBAR'd. The program in V3.7 MR3 was created by me entirely in V3.7MR3 from scratch. No problems with either one (today).

HERE is an idea, could it be the PROBE file you are using? Is the probe file you are using STILL in the older format? Could this be the problem?
                        sigpic
                        Originally posted by AndersI
                        I've got one from September 2006 (bug ticket) which has finally been fixed in 2013.

Comment

Originally posted by Matthew D. Hoedeman
                          No kidding, I am running 2 versions as we talk today (not at the same time), V3.5 no MR and V3.7 MR3. The program I am running in V3.5 no MR is a customer supplied program that they wrote in V3.5 MR3 (I saved it back to no MR from V3.7 MR3) and then had to re-program the entire thing for all intents and purposes (they did not have a clue as to what they were doing!) as it was entirely FUBAR'd. The program in V3.7 MR3 was created by me entirely in V3.7MR3 from scratch. No problems with either one (today).

HERE is an idea, could it be the PROBE file you are using? Is the probe file you are using STILL in the older format? Could this be the problem?
                          When I first ran the existing programs (written in 3.5mr2) on 3.7mr3, it asks you if you wish to convert the prb files to the newer format. It says that if you do not, you may miss out on some of the latest functionality. I opted NOT to upgrade for running the existing programs and all was good.

For the fresh program (by the way, same cad file as existing programs), I opted TO UPDATE THE PRB file to the newer format. It seemed like it went fine, picked my points for alignment, measured them manually, put it in dcc mode and measured them in auto. Alignment solved fine. Every time. But also every time, when I went to pick a surface point (vector point) as I have done hundreds of times before, it freezes.

Now, it's seems as if I've lost my probe file completely even though it's in the directory still??????

I've said it before....I'll say it again....I hate this stuff.
                          sigpicDF

Comment

We have one computer that does the same thing, we need to upgrade the system.
                            I also noticed you have to set/rename the search path for the proper probefile to the new pc-dmis location, or it is looking in the old file and finds the older calibration data.
                            I don't know if this will help or not.

Comment

Driver-Update might fix it

Hi Dave,
                              might be related to the driver of your grafic-card!

Had the same prob 2 months ago (with 2 coexistent versions on a Dell-laptop):
                              in 3.7 (MR2?) -> crash after clicking cad for vector-point (repeatable!)
                              in 3.5MR2 -> same procedure works flawless

the new grafic-driver fixed it!!!

my best wishes
                              Hans

Comment