Annoying issue with AutoCircle

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Annoying issue with AutoCircle

I'm using DMIS 2011/2012, and the one thing that keeps annoying me is when I use AutoCircle. Invariably whenever I open it up, the start and ending rotational components that pop up have nothing to do with the feature that I am measuring. In fact, I often wonder what feature the DO have anything to do with. What I would like is to set it so that the default start/end are 0° and 360°, and let ME set any others manually.

Anybody have a quick solution?
    I'm upping my standards........

Up yours!

I think it typically remembers the last thing you measured. Are you programming manually or with CAD?

As for default settings, I am not sure. There are annoyances with it as well on my end. Sometimes I do a Find Center setting on a hole and then the next hole I forget to turn it off. I just kinda "live" with it and make sure my settings are accurate to what they need to be for each individual feature.

Comment

Originally posted by bfire85 View Post
      I think it typically remembers the last thing you measured.
      bfire85 is correct. PC-Dmis will store the auto feature settings in the registry each time they are changed so each auto feature will retain it's previous settings. You can change the settings in the registry via the settings editor but obviously, as soon as you change anything in PC-Dmis that will overwrite whatever setting you entered - unless PC-Dmis has been prevented from editing the registry via the user account privileges and then you will have whole heap of other problems!
      Neil Challinor
      PC-DMIS Product Owner

T: +44 870 446 2667 (Hexagon UK office)
      E: [email protected]

Comment

Originally posted by bfire85 View Post
        I think it typically remembers the last thing you measured. ...
        This is a good thing.
        I take advantage of this in many ways when programming.
        Lately, it occurs to me
        What a long, strange trip it's been.

2017 R1 (Offline programming)

Comment

Funny thing is, it always seems to "remember" some odd, partial circular function, yet I don't remember using them. Sometimes I think it is remembering something from months or years before..
          I'm upping my standards........

Up yours!

Comment