Send CMM "Home" at the end of the program

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Send CMM "Home" at the end of the program

    I've been asked to write simple programs, that require no joystick input from the operators, (I'm new here, but apparently they've bought two probe heads this year, as well as numerous tips!)

    Basically, they want someone to be able to walk in here at 2 am, chunk a part up on the table, hit alt-q, and run it. I know I can accomplish something like this with read points, but even a read point requires joystick input. So I though, if I could put a command at the end of every program to go home, then it would always be starting from home? Thus I could make home the read point?

    My other, harder idea, is to start dowling the check fixtures, so that they go in the same place each time, and put a move point, to the same place, at the end of each program, then make it the read point.

  • #2
    If you have an automatic probe change rack just put a probe change command at the end of each program and it will always be at the "Safe move" or "clear move" (not sure what it's called) of the probe rack. If not you can always add a move increment to the end of each program so the probe is up and out of the way.
    Jesse Krook

    Comment


    • #3
      Move Clear Point
      Home > Available Help Systems > PC-DMIS Core Help File > Setting Your Preferences > Modifying Report and Motion Parameters > Parameter Settings: Clear Point tab

      Inserting a Clear Point Move

      The Insert | Move | Clear Point menu option inserts a
      MOVE/CLEARPOINT command into the Edit window.
      This command when executed moves to a clear point position defined in the Clear Point tab of the Parameter
      Settings dialog box. In addition it uses the move sequence defined in the
      Clear Point tab to control the form of the move.

      Parameter Settings: Clear Point tab
      The Clear Point tab lets you define a single move point position in machine coordinates, called a clear point, for your machine. This causes your machine to move the end of the arm to the defined position. This is intended to be a safety position the arm moves to when using a probe changer. This differs from standard MOVE/POINT command in that it uses Move Sequence list to specify the form of the move and the move position is absolute to the machine.
      Position area - The XYZ boxes define the location of the move point. When the Read button is clicked, the machine's current position is read and the coordinates are entered into the XYZ fields.
      Move Sequence list - This list lets you choose the form of the move to take to arrive at the clear point. It contains these options:
      1: XYZ - The machine moves in a straight line to to the clear point position.
      1: X 2: YZ - The machine first moves the X axis and then the YZ axis.
      1: Y 2: XZ - The machine first moves the Y axis and then the XZ axis.
      1: Z 2: XY - The machine first moves the Z axis and then the XY axis.
      To insert this command select the Insert | Move | Clear Point menu item. PC-DMIS inserts a MOVE/CLEARPOINT command in the Edit window. When this command is executed, PC-DMIS moves to the defined clear point using the selected move sequence.
      Last edited by davehocum; 12-14-2015, 01:35 PM.

      Comment


      • #4
        Try this.


        http://www.pcdmisforum.com/showthrea...-HOME-Position

        B&S CHAMELEON/PCDMIS CAD++ V2011

        There are no bugs, only "UNDOCUMENTED ENHANCEMENTS!"

        sigpic

        Comment


        • #5
          I would try :
          Recall startup
          move to clear plane
          TIP T1A0B0
          ASSIGN/V1=STARTUP.ORIGIN+PROBEDATA("offset")
          move point,V1.X,V1.Y,V1.Z

          Be carefull, like this, the probe will go directly to home.
          Homing by going to Z origin before needs to use the last hit.XY (something like ASSIGN/V2= CIRC5.HIT[NUMHITS].XYZ*MPOINT(1,1,0) , then move pointV2.X,V2.Y,V1.Z, then move point,V1.X,V1.Y,V1.Z (if circ5 is along Z.
          If no, you have to go to the clear plane, then use "read point" (as DPH said), and go to Z home before x and why.

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by JEFMAN View Post
            I would try :
            Recall startup
            move to clear plane
            TIP T1A0B0
            ASSIGN/V1=STARTUP.ORIGIN+PROBEDATA("offset")
            move point,V1.X,V1.Y,V1.Z

            Be carefull, like this, the probe will go directly to home.
            Homing by going to Z origin before needs to use the last hit.XY (something like ASSIGN/V2= CIRC5.HIT[NUMHITS].XYZ*MPOINT(1,1,0) , then move pointV2.X,V2.Y,V1.Z, then move point,V1.X,V1.Y,V1.Z (if circ5 is along Z.
            If no, you have to go to the clear plane, then use "read point" (as DPH said), and go to Z home before x and why.
            Ah, this will work well. Now I just need to nail their fixtures down! Thanks guy's! It's hard to go from being the only one in the CMM lab, to being expected to make one work flawless for people with no idea of what they're doing lol.

            Comment


            • #7
              I don't understand why you wouldn't just use the Clearpoint function like davehocum suggested. Much easier...

              Just have every program start with move/clearpoint and end with move/clearpoint.
              2013MR1 SP6
              Global Frames, Tesastar-M Heads, LSP-X1M/H Probes

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by DaSalo View Post
                I don't understand why you wouldn't just use the Clearpoint function...
                It is very easy - BUT, for some reason the geniuses at WAI designed CLEARPOINT as a user-based setting. Each user can define their own clearpoint. Not a good design IMO. We get around this by starting pc-dmis using a batch file that imports the clearpoint registry settings each time pc-dmis is launched. It's really stupid that this isn't a system level setting.

                Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by Jrgunn5150 View Post
                  I've been asked to write simple programs, that require no joystick input from the operators, (I'm new here, but apparently they've bought two probe heads this year, as well as numerous tips!)

                  Basically, they want someone to be able to walk in here at 2 am, chunk a part up on the table, hit alt-q, and run it. I know I can accomplish something like this with read points, but even a read point requires joystick input. So I though, if I could put a command at the end of every program to go home, then it would always be starting from home? Thus I could make home the read point?

                  My other, harder idea, is to start dowling the check fixtures, so that they go in the same place each time, and put a move point, to the same place, at the end of each program, then make it the read point.
                  Jrgunn5150,

                  We run higher volume automotive parts in many of the machines and if you're lucky and have rayco, or threaded gridplates, you can do what I call drop an go programs.

                  "Find" the part using your check distance set to 4" or 100mm, then do a rough DCC alignment (fixture to part), then a refined alignment 2nd DCC on part, and go from there.

                  Operators just have to set up fixtures per instructions (and pictures) in program and press execute - NO moving of the probe head manually AT all!

                  Works awesome to keep the cave monkey's from wrecking TP20's. Went from 22K last year in TP20's to 2K this year to date. Plus it speeds up the number of parts you can check a shift when you're not needing to take all the time to manually align parts.

                  Also, when you do the 2 DCC alignments you'll find that on especially tight positional tolerance parts (say .030mm) you'll usually gain a few microns when doing this and those extra microns make the difference between scrapping good parts!

                  My .02 cents - PM me if you have questions on this... This is from an old post I had made.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    I do have a gridplate, but the machine is an old retrofitted Sheffield, so it's not affixed to the table currently.

                    I'm going to have the tool room drill and tap it for the large 1/4-20 Sheffield hardware so I can located it each night before I leave, and program from there.

                    Thanks alot for the help guy's!

                    Comment

                    Related Topics

                    Collapse

                    • metalquest1
                      Z Axis Only Move Point
                      by metalquest1
                      Did the usual searching on here, and havent' been able to track down an answer. I'm looking for a way/command that will allow me to move my z-axis, and...
                      10-12-2010, 10:27 AM
                    • Underspec
                      Move Points
                      by Underspec
                      Using MR1 & MR2 on a Sheffield Discovery II.

                      Always wondered about the /NORMAL in the MOVE code. I've seen CIRCULAR. What other not...
                      07-24-2006, 01:11 PM
                    • ogcharliebrown
                      Z axis moves first
                      by ogcharliebrown
                      This is my first post so lets go.
                      I'm using a 9.12.08 global S chrome and when I run a program the z axis moves first that means I have to watch...
                      10-23-2019, 11:37 AM
                    • as2002
                      MOVE/POINT Disappearing
                      by as2002
                      I have come across an issue which I have never seen before and was wondering if anyone else has experienced this.

                      After creating an AUTO...
                      11-30-2016, 02:28 PM
                    • cesarhart
                      Move Points
                      by cesarhart
                      What is the purpose of a move point on a program and how can I use it in a program that I am trying to create?

                      Is the move point for X,Y,Z?...
                      08-08-2008, 02:00 AM
                    Working...
                    X