Alignment edit question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Alignment edit question

When you make a change inside the alignment in the middle of the program, then click OK, normally there are two questions: 1. Is to update the alignment 2. Update the actual results right?? I don't remember the exact wordage, so in one of my customers v2012 mr1 programs, it does not ask to update the results based on the new alignment change.

In short, after I make a change inside the alignment it doesnt update the feature results based on the new changes i made. So I have to rerun the prg every time i make a change in the alignment, wtf

I think a warning is missing. How do I bring it back?? Is it inside the setting editor?

Hopefully I made it clear is to what I am redder to
    Last edited by WolfMan; 12-01-2015, 11:45 PM.
    B&S One
    PC-DMIS CAD v2014

Romer Infinity

Maybe.......

F5

Warnings.......

Checkbox
    Do you want to update measured values?

B&S CHAMELEON/PCDMIS CAD++ V2011

There are no bugs, only "UNDOCUMENTED ENHANCEMENTS!"

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by dph51 View Post
      Maybe.......

F5

Warnings.......

Checkbox
      Do you want to update measured values?
      Its not in there. There are only two warnings available.. I think i have to dig them up from the edditor
      B&S One
      PC-DMIS CAD v2014

Romer Infinity

Comment

Originally posted by WolfMan View Post
        When you make a change inside the alignment in the middle of the program, then click OK, normally there are two questions: 1. Is to update the alignment 2. Update the actual results right?? I don't remember the exact wordage, so in one of my customers v2012 mr1 programs, it does not ask to update the results based on the new alignment change.

In short, after I make a change inside the alignment it doesnt update the feature results based on the new changes i made. So I have to rerun the prg every time i make a change in the alignment, wtf

I think a warning is missing. How do I bring it back?? Is it inside the setting editor?

Hopefully I made it clear is to what I am redder to

I think you're mistaken.

After alignment edit it only asks to update below ( I think the message actually says moves and actuals or something like that). This will be either everything or nothing.

People are terrified by this question but if you understand it and you're programming is good you needn't be.

A lot of people only ever say No to this for fear of goosing their program but I think it's quite simple.

If you modify an alignment which changes the theoretical coordinate system (i.e. you origin on a different feature say from the top face to the bottom face of a part) and you say Yes, all the theoretical Z values (and the meas & actual) which fall under that alignment will get changed to reflect this.

If you modify an alignment which doesn't modify the theoretical coordinate system (i.e. you switch the Level from a plane to say a cylinder which both have exactly the same vector) and you say Yes, nothing should change other than the actual/measured values.

Like I say it's important your program is good - all theo's must be correct, vectors are tidy etc This is one reason I always program with maximum resolution in the edit window (displayprecision), and even if I select a feature off the CAD I'll check the vectors are tidy and the theo xyz's match the print.

The update Measured question come after you modify an auto feature in some way - you may have seen them asked together if you modify a feature used in an alignment.
        Applications Engineer
        Hexagon UK

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaBadger View Post
          I think you're mistaken.

After alignment edit it only asks to update below ( I think the message actually says moves and actuals or something like that). This will be either everything or nothing.

People are terrified by this question but if you understand it and you're programming is good you needn't be.

A lot of people only ever say No to this for fear of goosing their program but I think it's quite simple.

You really have to understand if you want everything to change to new alignment or not. Good point Ninja
          Jesse Krook

Comment

so how do I get the warning back?
            B&S One
            PC-DMIS CAD v2014

Romer Infinity

Comment

I guess I would question why your changing the alignments in your customer's program?

Comment

Ninja, I actually just need the update measured values warning, thats all. I dont have an issue with the update alignment prompt.
                I think you're mistaken.

If you modify an alignment which changes the theoretical coordinate system (i.e. you origin on a different feature say from the top face to the bottom face of a part) and you say Yes, all the theoretical Z values (and the meas & actual) which fall under that alignment will get changed to reflect this.

If you modify an alignment which doesn't modify the theoretical coordinate system (i.e. you switch the Level from a plane to say a cylinder which both have exactly the same vector) and you say Yes, nothing should change other than the actual/measured values.

Like I say it's important your program is good - all theo's must be correct, vectors are tidy etc This is one reason I always program with maximum resolution in the edit window (displayprecision), and even if I select a feature off the CAD I'll check the vectors are tidy and the theo xyz's match the print.

The update Measured question come after you modify an auto feature in some way - you may have seen them asked together if you modify a feature used in an alignment.
                B&S One
                PC-DMIS CAD v2014

Romer Infinity

Comment

Originally posted by BKulpa View Post
                  I guess I would question why your changing the alignments in your customer's program?
                  Its my program. Lets not get off topic here please.
                  B&S One
                  PC-DMIS CAD v2014

Romer Infinity

Comment

You're getting confused. When editing alignments there's only the 'Update Below' question.

The 'update measured' question is when you modify a feature's Theo value.
                    Applications Engineer
                    Hexagon UK

Comment

There must be a way to bring back the defaults warnings
                      B&S One
                      PC-DMIS CAD v2014

Romer Infinity

Comment

You're getting confused. When editing alignments there's only the 'Update Below' question.

The 'update measured' question is when you modify a feature's Theo value.
                        I understand that. I still need it Ninja. The issue I have is that, it wont update features after a nominal change. I realize its not related to the Alignment in any way.

And i think for the same reason it wont update the values after the alignment change either.
                        Since it wont update meas values, when i make a chnage either in the festure or in the alignment the meas values stay the same...
                        Last edited by WolfMan; 12-02-2015, 10:38 AM.
                        B&S One
                        PC-DMIS CAD v2014

Romer Infinity

Comment

I completely understand what demon does when you say Yes or No to update alignment. Thats not my issue here.
                          B&S One
                          PC-DMIS CAD v2014

Romer Infinity

Comment

unless this is yet one more thing they have monkey-f'ed beyond reason, you should be able to hit F5, on the GENERAL tab, there is a button WARNINGS. If something has been "don't show this again" clicked, it should be in that pop-up and you should be able to change the option.
                            sigpic
                            Originally posted by AndersI
                            I've got one from September 2006 (bug ticket) which has finally been fixed in 2013.

Comment

Originally posted by Matthew D. Hoedeman View Post
                              unless this is yet one more thing they have monkey-f'ed beyond reason, you should be able to hit F5, on the GENERAL tab, there is a button WARNINGS. If something has been "don't show this again" clicked, it should be in that pop-up and you should be able to change the option.
                              +100

...but this has already been suggested and apparently it's not there (ergo it should be being asked). AFAIK this is the only place these warnings are controlled (I assume they're actually stored in the Registry)
                              Applications Engineer
                              Hexagon UK

Comment

widgetinstance 190 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                              Working...
                              X