working with Cad Models

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• working with Cad Models

is it possible to Pre program a part offline from a cad model and then match that program up to a fixture cad model at a later date?

Originally posted by Vikingroovin View Post
    is it possible to Pre program a part offline from a cad model and then match that program up to a fixture cad model at a later date?
    http://www.pcdmisforum.com/showthrea...896#post403896

as explained by vinni
    (In Memory of my Loving wife, "Ronda" who I lost March 7, 2016. I love you baby.)
    They say "Nobody's Perfect." I must be Nobody.

Comment

Yes, yes it is
      Jesse Krook

Comment

Program the part from an assembly of the part and the fixture. I do this 100% of the time. I always create the assembly in solidworks but there are other posts available that explain of to so it inside DMIS. Another way to look at this. When you import your iges or step into DMIS it will always start with 0.000 origin and orientation. I always place reference geometry on my cad before I create and iges so when I import it , the model is the same as it will sit on CMM. I just start programming without having to transform the cad. If I need to replace the model with a new model or updated cad + fixture, I make sure the reference geometry is the same, import the model/ assembly and only change the features that I need to. The manual align will not have to be changed with this method. ( DUH !) Your fixture cad isn't done yet is it ?

Comment

Originally posted by Vikingroovin View Post
          Vik,

Your fixture CAD should be in the same coordinate system as your part CAD. What exactly would you be needing the fixture CAD for? The only time I ever use it is when there are SPC ports that are not designated by the drawing.
          "This is my word... and as such is beyond contestation."

Comment