Paste with pattern???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Paste with pattern???

Whenever I use any type of math to find a surface with paste with pattern I need to manually edit... Anyone else got any ideas.

6 inch tall 1mm thick cylinder out of round by 2.5 mm

Need planes on the top edges and 2 more steps down for parallelism

I take P1 as a point on the outside in the X... p2 = p1.x - .5mm moving in the Z

When I create a 7x 45 deg polar pattern all the subsequent even numbered points refer back to p1.x and I need to manually edit them...

This also happens with rectangular arrays...

Any Ideas?

I believe there is a way to take a sample hit for vector points that will allow you to take a sample hit perpendicular to the vector that your actual hit will be, which it appears is what you are trying to accomplish.

It may be in vs 3.7, because I can't find it in 3.5 that I'm running currently. I used to use 3.7 at another shop.
    Last edited by Schrocknroll; 03-31-2006, 08:15 AM.
    PC-DMIS 2016.0 SP8

Jeff

Comment

Been there tried that but thanks part has an edge radius Z points sllip off

The real issue is any variable whether in a feature or assigned when paste with pattern is used can not refer to the appropriate element from which it was taken only the original one.

Comment

What version are you using? I just tried it in 3.5 MR2 and it worked fine. I took a hit with a 1,0,0 vector in the diameter(P1). Then took another point on the surface changing the target coordinates to P1.x+.2,0,0. Then I copied the two points and pasted them with a 45 angle 7 times and the 2nd point stated relative to the point right before it.
        PC-DMIS 2016.0 SP8

Jeff

Comment

3.2063 must be the problem... thanks for everything... will try in 3.7

Comment

I think I remeber that being an issue with 3.2063. It seems with every version that comes out the paste with pattern changes a little when it comes to things like alignments and variables. You gotta love those enhancements/unenhancements/re-enhancements.
            PC-DMIS 2016.0 SP8

Jeff

Comment