Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• sfield
    replied
    Thank you. I will look at this to see if PC-DMIS will duplicate U•SOFT results.

Leave a comment:

• UKCMM
    replied
    Yes is is possible use angle type 2D for the rotation and 3D for the true inclination.

Leave a comment:

• Jim Poehler
    replied
    An angle of rotation is relative to your work plane. If you are in z plus, then your angle of rotation would be zero to 360 from either x or y 0. Your angle of inclination would be a diagonal line, surface coming from level at 0 degrees to a max of 180 degrees for a flat surface, with 90 degrees at a perpendicular position relative to your work plane. Hope this makes sense.
    Last edited by Jim Poehler; 10-09-2015, 11:13 AM. Reason: corrected myself, 90 and 180 degrees

Leave a comment:

• sfield
    started a topic Angle of Rotation and Angle of Inclination

Angle of Rotation and Angle of Inclination

We are trying to rewrite or duplicate an older program that is written in U•SOFT to PC-DMIS. The U•SOFT program reports a couple of dimensions as AR (Angle of Rotation) and AI (Angle of Inclination). Can these dimensions be duplicated in PC-DMIS and if so, How? Thank you.