Angle of Rotation and Angle of Inclination

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Angle of Rotation and Angle of Inclination

We are trying to rewrite or duplicate an older program that is written in U•SOFT to PC-DMIS. The U•SOFT program reports a couple of dimensions as AR (Angle of Rotation) and AI (Angle of Inclination). Can these dimensions be duplicated in PC-DMIS and if so, How? Thank you.

An angle of rotation is relative to your work plane. If you are in z plus, then your angle of rotation would be zero to 360 from either x or y 0. Your angle of inclination would be a diagonal line, surface coming from level at 0 degrees to a max of 180 degrees for a flat surface, with 90 degrees at a perpendicular position relative to your work plane. Hope this makes sense.
    Last edited by Jim Poehler; 10-09-2015, 12:13 PM. Reason: corrected myself, 90 and 180 degrees

Comment

Yes is is possible use angle type 2D for the rotation and 3D for the true inclination.

Comment

Thank you. I will look at this to see if PC-DMIS will duplicate U•SOFT results.

Comment

Related Topics

Collapse

• lambo
          Compound angle plane.
          by lambo
          (none CAD, profile of a surface)

I have a part with a surface at a compound angle.
          On the front view of the drawing shows the first...
          06-06-2008, 02:01 PM
        • mdobb829
          Reported Angle
          by mdobb829
          Can anyone tell me how I can force a reported ANGLE to the angle call out on the print? I have a 15° angle call out on the print. When I ask for the...
          08-01-2008, 05:01 PM
        • Rideslow
          How do I get the correct angle?
          by Rideslow
          How do I get the angle between 2 planes? One of them is nice and flat, the other one is pretty twisted. As am I right now......Do I have to construct...
          03-29-2009, 05:34 PM
        • Londonjr
          Inclusive angle
          by Londonjr
          How would I determine an inclusive angle? I am measuring a cone with a very minimal plane at the top of the part. (Maybe .002 land) 100 deg +/- 1 deg...
          03-23-2016, 11:37 AM
        • PCFreddie
          Angle will not rotate
          by PCFreddie
          When I start a program and I want change the angle I to the angle box choose the angle(after I have calibrated it of course). Sometimes it will not rotate...
          06-14-2012, 05:23 PM
        Working...
        X