Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• LK CMM speed reduction

Hi,

I have a LK CMM with a old controller, it has a jogbox that does not have speed control(I have to change the controller if I have to retorfit the new jogbox). I am always worried that the probe head might crash while debugging a program. Is there any way to control speed of machine by writing a command inside the program?

(I have tried to reduce the speed using F10 from 20% to 2%, also changed the pre-hit and retract distances but still the speed of the machine does not change)

Thanks

Originally posted by kdatla View Post
    Hi,

I have a LK CMM with a old controller, it has a jogbox that does not have speed control(I have to change the controller if I have to retorfit the new jogbox). I am always worried that the probe head might crash while debugging a program. Is there any way to control speed of machine by writing a command inside the program?

(I have tried to reduce the speed using F10 from 20% to 2%, also changed the pre-hit and retract distances but still the speed of the machine does not change)

Thanks
    On your pc-dmis home screen, go to edit/machine interface setup/perams and reduce the x,y and z there and it should slow the machine all together. mine is normally at 460 and I run it a bit slower. As far as in f10, it should slow your speed if you reduce the percentage of move speed in motion. Maybe try placing your cursor at the top of your program just under the startup text before editing in f10?
    Cluster Fudge Sir!!!!

Comment

Do you mean reducing X,Y and Z accelerations?
      They default to 175 on my machine and I changed them to 50. Also, I changed the percentage from 40 to 10 at the start of program and still the machine runs at the same speed. I even called Nikon metrology technical support people and they couldn't help either

Comment

Tried changing touch speed??
        B&S One
        PC-DMIS CAD v2014

Romer Infinity

Comment

Originally posted by WolfMan View Post
          Tried changing touch speed??
          Touch speed is not the problem, it is quite slow after the probe reaches the pre-hit distance, the problem is when moves from retract position of point A to prehit position of point B. Will changing touch speed effect the move speed?

Thanks

Comment

There is a MOVESPEED command. Have you tried that?

Comment

No.
              Touch speed is not the problem, it is quite slow after the probe reaches the pre-hit distance, the problem is when moves from retract position of point A to prehit position of point B. Will changing touch speed effect the move speed?

Thanks
              B&S One
              PC-DMIS CAD v2014

Romer Infinity

Comment

Originally posted by gtslate View Post
                There is a MOVESPEED command. Have you tried that?
                Yes! I changes the percentage of move speed from 40 to 10 and still there is no change in the speed

Comment

Yes! I changes the percentage of move speed from 40 to 10 and still there is no change in the speed
                  May need to have a Hexagon technician out?
                  Cluster Fudge Sir!!!!

Comment

I am lucky that I have speed control on my JogBox. I did encountered same problem today. Exactly what happened was, I used a program designed by somebody else. Programs which I created on my CMM machine work on perfect speed. Boy that program scared the crap out of me which was made by somebody else on different CMM machine. I thought my CMM machin will fall apart. It was that fast. No command movespeed command worked.

Comment

Problem solve.......fallow the pic and address your need in software.
                      Capture1.png

Comment